Chainsaw beauty contest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who wins the chainsaw beauty contest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The new Stihls remind me of commercial Laundry equipment.

Just very little effort was made to soften the right angles and it shows.

Husky for the most part makes some effort here and there, but could do LOTS better.

Dolmar and JRed played with colors and lines and are way ahead of the game.
I just don't care for either colors..

The old Remmies are sexycool as well as some of the Old Huskys.
Lotsa stylistic effort that is completely lost on todays industrial mindset.

Meh!!
At least the Wild thingy is colorfull!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Try this color!

Last edited:
The vintage chainsaws have class, their own style. They can project brute force Like McCullochs and Homelites, have gracefull lines like Remingtons or SilverKings, but you-all know that. Modern chainsaws lost most of their style, becoming clones of various sizes, and have all the zing of a fat neutured dog.

The vintage chainsaws have class, their own style. They can project brute force Like McCullochs and Homelites, have gracefull lines like Remingtons or SilverKings, but you-all know that. Modern chainsaws lost most of their style, becoming clones of various sizes, and have all the zing of a fat neutured dog.

+1, No truer statement has ever been made on this joint.

:yourock:

No doubt them ol' macs and homies are some handsome saws Gary, but they aint got nothing on the smooth lines, and just all out sexiness of the Remingtons of days gone by. They look like the 57 chevy of chainsaws.

REMINGTON-BANTAM+(2).JPG

That's a sweet looking saw! I think some of the older Oleo-Mac/Blitz saws are real lookers too. JJuday

I'm with Gmax on the 600-series Pioneers. The upright gas cap (a la Stihl Contra/090) is a big part of it, but the Stihl air cover just doesn't look right compared to the big dome of the Pioneer. Kinda like a woman with nice hips and shapely duerrierre compared to skinny Minnie. Add in the fuel filter bowl like old farm and construction equipment, and it just warms your heart to look at it.

But don't expect to go out and actually cut your winter's wood with it if you have a modern saw, LOL!

I have a pretty nice Homelite S-EZ with the red and black scheme and the perforated aluminum flywheel air cover, and I agree they are lovely things, but the square corners detract. Homelites 35o/360-450-550-650-750 smoothed those corners off just a little, which I thought was cool. But they're gone now...

Mac's were always sexier than similar Homies. MY favorite looker would be the old D35. Something about the "sideways" thing. I wasn't a huge fan of many of the saws of the late 50's through the mid 60's with their skinny front handles though. I'm a Skandihoovian with big hands and they didn't work in the cold weather, especially when wet choppers start freezing and getting slick and icy.

Mac's werent big in my area though: the most popular saw shop sold Homelite. There haven't been as many old Mac's around, except for the later models in the box-store era.

I've never had my pinkies on a Remington, except the later mighty mites that looked like a Homelite washed in hiot water, LOL!

Now, of course, I favor Jonsereds saws. My favorites are the older red/black saws like the 80, 90, etc. The silver-tops are OK, but a little too gaudy, and I wasn't real fond of some of the rehashed partner models of a few years ago; the 2077/2083 was pretty nice though.

^ that a is really clean looking Remington that color blue makes it look really good

Last edited:
Miss Universe pageant

On a scale of flippy caps to 10, Jonsered are a 12.

Latest posts

Back