Chainsaw gas can

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother has one of those "no spill" cans.... yeah. I may as well just dumped 5 gals on the ground and avoided the saw altogether.
Not just me, 3 other people that used it had the same trouble... and all all mechanucs.

I'm really getting sick and tired of the junk on the market.
My new so called safety can sprays a cloud of gas everywhere when you open it.
Leaks gas down my hand when I try to fill my saw.
My last can wasn't much better.

I need a can in the 1 to 1 1/2 gallon range.
Any cans on the market worth buying?

Coleman fuel cans 1-Gal . METAL, no air light, or wetness.

FREE after you use the white gas.

Stores mixed AV gas as long as you want, don't use E-anything fuel.

People say using CRAP gas is fine. Why have I rebuilt my tractors, tillers, mowers, trucks, and such???? Just since running E-CRAP???

They lived > 30 years BEFORE E- CRAP. No none nada problems

Dear Brad I include YOU as an E-LOVER. Not an insult per se, but it is a BAD THING!!!!

YOU people that say E-whatever is fine are g$$#0les

My brother has one of those "no spill" cans.... yeah. I may as well just dumped 5 gals on the ground and avoided the saw altogether.
Not just me, 3 other people that used it had the same trouble... and all all mechanucs.
The cheap cans are crap, all of them! But the 'No-Spill' Brand is good ****!

Is this one no longer available? It says Blitz and really works fine for me. If it needed rougher treatment one could whittle a stick to stuff in the end to keep debris out. For Diesel and the five gallon ones I put in 4.2 gallons and remove the cap completely.

Attachments

• Blitz one gallon red.JPG
    Blitz one gallon red.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 49
I got lucky last fall at at shop/garage sale I found 3 of the metal Eagle style cans for like $2 ea- Homerun!! I cold not get them to the truck fast enough They are the normal style not the spout style which is really what I want I remember dad and Grandpa both using that style really cool for a gas can and all.

I've tested the auto fill stop and always end up making a mess. It doesn't seem to work on my can. But yes, you can feather the button and control the flow very easily.

I agree COMPLETELY. Don't trust the auto-stop feature. I think the trouble I have is the swirling of the gas as it fills the small tank - the turbulence defeats the auto-stop.

That said, I can use the 1-1/2 gallon can with one hand, using my thumb to work the button - A++

IMO the best gas oil combo. I have used mine for years and never had a single issue. Auto stops perfectly each and every time.

$_57.JPG

Please note the use of flippy caps. And this bloke is not a 5 year old!

My brother uses a few no spill branded 5 gallon ones to fill his tractor. He will dump 10+ gallons at a time. He bought them per my recommendation. He bought the optional flex hose and loved them but said with the hose it flowed so slow. He contacted no spill about it and they had him drill a hole in the center of the push button and instructed him to keep his thumb off to the side so it can breath. He said the gas just flies out now.

IMO the best gas oil combo. I have used mine for years and never had a single issue. Auto stops perfectly each and every time.

$_57.JPG

Please note the use of flippy caps. And this bloke is not a 5 year old!

Are these Stihl branded cans sold in USA at all?

Are these Stihl branded cans sold in USA at all?

Sadly not that I have found. Not even in Canada when I showed mine to my dealer he thought it was the cats nuts. I brought mine back from a SWAG event at Stihl last year. There are the stihl ones, husqvarna and several no name ones that take the auto stop nozzles from stihl.

You can always order from ebay or have someone get you a kit and send it.

Out of probably 25 fuel cans I have, none are the newer style. I scrounge yard sales and estate sales for old style cans that still have their lids. (most don't) I've stopped looking for cans now that I have a good supply. I use 1 and 1.5 gallon cans for mix and have lots of other cans for other fuels. My non ethanol fuel goes in cans that have green tape around the handle. My mix cans are marked on all sides and top. Diesel goes in yellow cans, Jet A goes in 5 gallon pails that are clearly marked.

I bought EZ-Pour spouts to replace the stupid ones that come on the newer cans. They work great and even include a pop-in vent. If you live in a state that uses California regs for gas cans you will have to order the white spouts for water jugs....same kit just different color spout. You can find them on Amazon and eBay.

http://ezpourspout.com/

I use a combined gas and chain oil can and put the EZ-Pour spouts on the oil and gas. For the oil you will need to punch out the screen at the bottom of the spout. The chain oil hardly flows through it.

GasCan.png

Is this one no longer available? It says Blitz and really works fine for me. If it needed rougher treatment one could whittle a stick to stuff in the end to keep debris out. For Diesel and the five gallon ones I put in 4.2 gallons and remove the cap completely.

Blitz is long gone. Many moronic a-holes used Blitz gas cans to splash gas on an already burning fire and lighted themselves up. They got severely burned in the process (imagine that!). They sued Blitz and WalMart for zillions, and won. Blitz was forced out of business. A good American product from a good American company and lots of American jobs, all gone because of some stupid morons and their lawyers.

http://www.ibtimes.com/blitz-usa-shuts-down-lawsuit-abuse-hammers-hometown-734478

Those Stihl cans are over priced, overly complicated, and the neck thread are weak and don't seal well even when new. Jill's jugs are OK to store mix in if there isn't a huge temperature change from ground to air in your area. They blow up like a balloon when the cold gasoline heats up in the sun. I much prefer and use an Eagle gas can that self vents and is CARB approved. They will last forever as long as they are tied down in the back of a truck. If you buy the cheap ($90.00) can and let it roll around once then you will nothing but a wall hanger. The better ones have roll over protection and the best ones are shaped sorta liken a Jerry can. Expensive though.

I decant mix as needed into a Dolmar (piggyback) can. Just yesterday I bought a new Scepter piggyback can. I stripped off the lock rings and put the gas and oil spouts in the garage and just use the caps. Works great.

I have a Blitz tool caddy can in great shape if anyone wants to come to my house to buy it. I don't want to ship it. $40.00

Back