Chainsaw gas can

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can find them older jugs like these are great.
82e0b028e36304303d2d90b396e800b4.jpg

Sent from my Z832 using Tapatalk

Hello to everyone!
Can somebody tell me please if the Husqvarna Combi Can comes with the winter oil spout or I have to buy it separately?
Mine came with extra oil spout, they are not as good as the previous husky combi can with green spouts.

Petrol spout doesn't seal well and is quite hard to push down thought it was one off but my mate has same problems.

Luckily, I have a good supply of older plastic cans with a vent, so I'm good. I do however have one of the new self venting cans.
Even it works OK after drilling a hole opposite the spout and plugging it with a cork when not in use.

Coleman fuel cans are great, but for just a day of cutting my solution is a 2 liter pop bottle THOROUGHLY cleaned with scalding hot water. Tough, easy to pour, no spill or fumes and contents at a glance. Free and easily replaceable.

DSCF4004 (Large).jpg

I'm really getting sick and tired of the junk on the market.
My new so called safety can sprays a cloud of gas everywhere when you open it.
Leaks gas down my hand when I try to fill my saw.
My last can wasn't much better.

I need a can in the 1 to 1 1/2 gallon range.
Any cans on the market worth buying?

I like Midwest can co. cans. Toss spout in trash add an EZ-Pour standard kit. Midwest cans look like other plastic red cans but are much thicker.

Eagle safety can. After I used one of those, I felt like I should get back the parts of my life I was messing around with the CARB nozzle cans.

At work we have about five of the no Spill Jill cans, my opinion they are by far the best on the market. Yes the auto shutoff does not work as good as it does in the video but it does work, I throttle the fuel with the on off button and that works very well. I never had any trouble with leaking but some folks at work somehow manage to get the o ring out of place so they leak so I have to show them how to put it in correctly and a couple weeks later they manage to mess it up again.
We used to use the Briggs and Stratton cans they worked ok for me but not for most other folks, in my opinion for a little extra money the no Spill Jill cans work much better.

At work we have about five of the no Spill Jill cans, my opinion they are by far the best on the market. Yes the auto shutoff does not work as good as it does in the video but it does work, I throttle the fuel with the on off button and that works very well. I never had any trouble with leaking but some folks at work somehow manage to get the o ring out of place so they leak so I have to show them how to put it in correctly and a couple weeks later they manage to mess it up again.
We used to use the Briggs and Stratton cans they worked ok for me but not for most other folks, in my opinion for a little extra money the no Spill Jill cans work much better.

Have you had any issues or problems with them when you transport them?

I bought a new 2.5 gal. jug from a hardware store. My 1st stop after that, was at a gas station. I put two gallons of gas in it and then sat it on the passenger-side floorboard of my pick-up.

Within two blocks, I could smell gas. I looked over and could see gas running down the sides of the jug. It was seeping out from under the screw-on cap.

I pulled over mad as Hell. I grabbed the jug and sat it on the ground. I then grabbed a rag and wiped it down, removed the cap and then screwed it back on.

I then put it in the bed of my pick-up and inside a milk crate. Drove about two miles to my dad's house, only to find that it was seeping again from under the cap. It didn't leak when I was pouring gas from it.

So yes, the No-Spill jugs work fine..........as long as you don't try to transport them. :rolleyes:

Back