Chainsaw gas can

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we transport gas with them almost everyday, yes they have leaked a few times when someone else put the cap on but never when I did. If you look inside the black screw on cap There's a o ring in there on the yellow part, I don't know how but sometimes folks manage to knock the o ring partially out of place and that's the only time I've ever seen a no Spill Jill gas can leak. Yes I will say reinstalling the no Spill cap can be a little difficult. I own one of their cans at home for my own personal use and it has never leaked .

Have you had any issues or problems with them when you transport them?

I bought a new 2.5 gal. jug from a hardware store. My 1st stop after that, was at a gas station. I put two gallons of gas in it and then sat it on the passenger-side floorboard of my pick-up.

Within two blocks, I could smell gas. I looked over and could see gas running down the sides of the jug. It was seeping out from under the screw-on cap.

I pulled over mad as Hell. I grabbed the jug and sat it on the ground. I then grabbed a rag and wiped it down, removed the cap and then screwed it back on.

I then put it in the bed of my pick-up and inside a milk crate. Drove about two miles to my dad's house, only to find that it was seeping again from under the cap. It didn't leak when I was pouring gas from it.

So yes, the No-Spill jugs work fine..........as long as you don't try to transport them. :rolleyes:

Yes we transport gas with them almost everyday, yes they have leaked a few times when someone else put the cap on but never when I did. If you look inside the black screw on cap There's a o ring in there on the yellow part, I don't know how but sometimes folks manage to knock the o ring partially out of place and that's the only time I've ever seen a no Spill Jill gas can leak. Yes I will say reinstalling the no Spill cap can be a little difficult. I own one of their cans at home for my own personal use and it has never leaked .

I inspected that cap from every angle possible. All looked fine. The O-ring was in place and all else was good to go.

I even tightened it down as far as it would go. Remember, the jug was brand-new!

Lots of things get under my skin in life. Leaky fuel cans are near the top of my list. I called the manufacturer and they were of no help what-so-ever. I even sent them an e-mail. No response.

F' um!!!!!!! :mad:

Coleman fuel cans 1-Gal . METAL, no air light, or wetness.

FREE after you use the white gas.

Stores mixed AV gas as long as you want, don't use E-anything fuel.

People say using CRAP gas is fine. Why have I rebuilt my tractors, tillers, mowers, trucks, and such???? Just since running E-CRAP???

They lived > 30 years BEFORE E- CRAP. No none nada problems

Dear Brad I include YOU as an E-LOVER. Not an insult per se, but it is a BAD THING!!!!

YOU people that say E-whatever is fine are g$$#0les
+1 for the Coleman liquid fuel cans.

029, 044, 066, 025

I don't know if this the right topic to post this...
I've made a DIY Oil can but I don't have a vent hole on it. Can you help me guys with some ideas on how to make a vent hole? I woud like to make something like on the Husqvarna green oil spout if it's possible...
Here are the pictures:

Attachments

• 20170126_101400.jpg
    20170126_101400.jpg
    852.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20170126_101421.jpg
    20170126_101421.jpg
    841 KB · Views: 26
  • 20170126_101431.jpg
    20170126_101431.jpg
    706.3 KB · Views: 21
I don't know if this the right topic to post this...
I've made a DIY Oil can but I don't have a vent hole on it. Can you help me guys with some ideas on how to make a vent hole? I woud like to make something like on the Husqvarna green oil spout if it's possible...
Here are the pictures:
They sell generic spouts like the Husqvarna oil spout on ebay or you can use a tire valve.
bad-valve-stem.jpg

Remove the valve and use the screw on cap for storage.

Drill a hole the size of a valve stem where the vent should be and install a stem without the core, remove stupid shut of valve seal on the spout, no more safety can.

Steve
There are generally signs posted where gasoline is sold that the customer is only to use approved containers for gasoline. Doing as you suggest here possibly would be legal if you fill it on your own property from an approved container.

They sell generic spouts like the Husqvarna oil spout on ebay or you can use a tire valve.
bad-valve-stem.jpg

Remove the valve and use the screw on cap for storage.

That's a good idea!
Thanks!

Unfortunatly those yellow vent caps aren't available in my country, and I'm not gonna make an online order for that...

Well I c no different in a valve stem and that yellow vent cap on the tank, those safety cans ain't too safe when you dump gas on that you are filling, more of a fire hazard to me. Besides, says on the can for use for gas only, don't see where it says the you can't fix the can so it can work properly.

Steve

All I am intending to do is to increase the flow of oil from my can. At the moment vacuum is created insde ant it pours really slowly...
Mabe I'm gonna order a set of 5 vent jug caps from ebay. Take the chance. Here in Romania we don't have such vent caps...until than, i'll try out the tire valve.

Attachments

• 20170126_101400.jpg
    20170126_101400.jpg
    852.8 KB · Views: 10
Seems I remember you getting a replacement? You are the only one having problems?

No, others stated that they have experienced similar issues.

A fuel can either leaks or it doesn't. It really doesn't get much simpler than that.

I don't have any use for the ones that do. :mad:

Back