Chainsaw Lumbermaking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rotax Robert said:
Hey Dypo, what ever happened to Franks Planks LLC (lumbering lumber company) out of Ontario?
Franks' Planks retired from Loggins & Loggins Logging & Lumber Co. Ltd. because he got board.
John
CB.jpg

Thanks again for the posting all the pics, John. Good stuff. I need to get a bigger saw. Speaking of which, that saw you're using looks kinda Husky'ish. Are/were the two companies related?

Hey Gypo ,what kind of bar is that?It looks industrial strength for sure,and It would look pretty good on my 7900 or my 61.

rustyb said:
Thanks again for the posting all the pics, John. Good stuff. I need to get a bigger saw. Speaking of which, that saw you're using looks kinda Husky'ish. Are/were the two companies related?
The 999 Oleo Mac is made in Italy and is silar looking to the Husky, but built like a tank.
Pyro, the building was never finished. It's a cabin that will complete one day, but I have my heart set on building one in the Yukon.
Kieth, the Bar is an Oregon rollernose. I don't think they have been made since the 70's, but they are out there.
John
CB1.jpg

Yo Loverboy is there a chance you could take better care of my bar. I only have one tip left for it. :)

Marky Mark said:
Yo Loverboy is there a chance you could take better care of my bar. I only have one tip left for it. :)
Well sent out that tip then, It seized up on me today, so once again, I got Fooooooooooked!
Hahaha
Woodticks2.jpg

Apparently it's for sitting on a desk and taking pictures of...

Locoweed said:
How about putting on the mantle over your fire place?

Good idea! But they are too thin.

John here's a piece of cherry used for a mantle. The builder paid $350 for the roughed board. The heart runs right down the center, I'd consider it a tie at best.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Well just so the mighty logger doesn't feel he's the only one that carves out a few planks,here's a few I did last summer.
The wood is red oak,actually a large limb.I tried a Stihl 048,not enough oomph.Next a Mac SP125,plenty oomph.The milling attachment is a tad different but the results are about the same.Notice the "flecking"typical of quarter sawn oak.
It's an alternative to get some usable lumber from something that would have been firewood,normally.
I am obliged to agree with the little feller[I hate when that happens] to use a saw that has some grunt.This is a case when cubic inches matters.

That's a Granberg minimill,Scott.The gizmo on the back is the handle.Unfortunately it does not have a swivel like the "beam maker",I wish it did.The angle is fixed by the bar clamp setting.I've found that about 45 degrees works best.

Latest posts

Back