Chainsaw Lumbermaking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AL I bet the 125 rips that wood in short order.
attachment_28931.php

Al I think your settup may be better then the Beam Machine. The BM is great for small wood or when the log has been reduced to a square cant such as in this picure with a 16" bar on a 372XP
372XP.jpg

trimmmed said:
Good idea! But they are too thin.

John here's a piece of cherry used for a mantle. The builder paid $350 for the roughed board. The heart runs right down the center, I'd consider it a tie at best.
attachment.php
That's a great idea to market some mantles. That makes the wood worth 20$ per BF. I can live with that.
Here I'm ripping freehand a couple of table leg blanks.
No polish and shine in this operation! lol
John
mantle.jpg

nice pics Gypo

DanG, I didn't have my camera today. Milled some white pine with my Alaskan mill in some snow fall. (no access to the log for any other equipment) Had a ton-o-fun. Will be finishing the job Monday, maybe I'll have my camera.

Milling

I just scoped out my first milling project today. It is a nice white oak down at a friends cabin a few miles from my house. I measured up the tree to see what I will be up against. 32" at the base and 24" at the first major branch. There is 39' of trunk befor the first branch. I would like to quater saw the tree, as it has enough size to create some nice quarters. Gypo, have you or any other members Quarter sawn anything with the BM type attachment. I was going to stick with a 28" bar for my saw, but I may need a 36" for this. Every tree that I run in to that people are trying to get rid of is BIG. Even the local tree services try to get someone to take the big trunk sections.

Latest posts

Back