Chimney Caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren_nh

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My chinmey cleanout is in the living room because part of my house has crawl space. When we get siginificant rain and there is creosote buildup in the cleanout, it stinks.

I don't like the look of chimney caps, especially on 1800's capes (like mine), and I don't want to have draft troubles or a tubine on my roof.

Is there a chimney cap that looks decent or even one that can't be seen from the ground?

I will be rebuilding my chimney from the roof up soon and would like to decide on cap or not.

Thanks.

i have one that covers a multi-flue chimney. love it. keeps the birds or bees out and the rain, never a problem with drafting.

but....you did ask:

Is there a chimney cap that looks decent or even one that can't be seen from the ground?

no one can say what would look good on your house except for you.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of mine for a multi flue. I bought it from a company in NC. Good to do business with. It's stainless and they can powder coat paint it any color you like, but black and brown are the most common.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of mine for a multi flue. I bought it from a company in NC. Good to do business with. It's stainless and they can powder coat paint it any color you like, but black and brown are the most common.

aren't you the one with the 40 foot ceilings?

or is that someone else.....?

Back