Choice of saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a ported 260 and would still like a lighter saw. I'd love a MS200. but for the price, I think a MS180 should be a great option. It's lighter than the MS200 and turns 14K if I'm not mistaken. I have not used one though.

I have a ported 260 and would still like a lighter saw. I'd love a MS200. but for the price, I think a MS180 should be a great option. It's lighter than the MS200 and turns 14K if I'm not mistaken. I have not used one though.

I have a MS180 that runs 15,000 all day long..................I put 3/8lp on it to slow it down to 14,300... ......;) ;)

I have a MS 200 on my wish list, but it's hard to justify given the fact the MS 180 is light and handles limbing the hardwood I cut very well. It's not a pro saw by any means but it is a nice saw to use on the smaller stuff.

My neighbor owns a landscape company so his brand loyalties are in a total differant direction. What a dummy. What does he know.

He cuts about 4 to 5 cords a year with an Echo 400 something, and a Shindiawa 575. He calls that his big saw.

For limbing small stuff, get something cheap. Those MS 200's are expensive and how much are you really going to use it. Get an Echo. Guys on here hate them. People who use them have nothing bad to say about them.

I have a J-Red 2150. Same as a Husky 350. Used the heck out of it for 2 years. That saw impresses me every time I run it. Problem is, I rarely run it any more. I would love to get a 5100 but I know its going to sit.

Any limbing saw you get, MS 200, Echo whatever, MS 180, Husky whatever, is going to feel like a dog alongside that 272. Get something cheap, save your money for that 7900 or 385 that I know you've been looken at.

My .02.

Yeah, but then he'd need a felling saw.:hmm3grin2orange: :cheers:d

I agree, Get a 660 or 395 for felling then your 372 will be a perfect limbing saw. Better yeat get an 880 or 3120 and that 372 will feel like a paper weight. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Back