Cut a little today learned alot need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orange fever

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I finally got to run my saws some today. I took 3 brand new saws out. My sons Echo CS370, My Stihl MS250, and my new Jonsered CS2171. The little Echo is great......very light, great anti-vibe, easy to start. You guys were sure right about that J'red!! What a nice powerfull saw. Makes me wonder how I ever cut wood without one. Very smooth for such a powerfull saw, I love it. Compared to the other 2 the Stihl hurts my hands, feels cheap, is not a pleasure to run. It runs great and has the right amount of power, it just vibrates and feels too "stiff" in my hands. I want to cut with a 3 saw setup and I know the Echo is what I want for light trimming and I love the J'red for the big stuff. My question is what would take the place of the MS250 and be smoother with the same amount of power and no more weight?? I think the MS361 is a bit more than I need to fill the void between the 2 saws. I'm considering 357xp, 346xp, or Stihl??. Please advise me. The advice on the Jonsered was great, thanks. I am really hooked on the pro saws. I'm looking for a pro quality saw around 10-11 pounds and around 45-50cc. Only Husky, J'red, or Stihl please.

Pretty simple

Just get a 2150Turbo Jonsered.One of the smoothest 50cc saws made.

This is kinda odd,I just picked up one yesterday at a yard sale for $25.
Doesn't look like it's cut a cord.Typical old gas.Cleaned the carb and a new fuel filter and she runs like brand new.Not as powerful as some of my other 50cc saws but real lightand very smooth.

Nahhhh.......... I think I'll keep this one.My only other experience with a Jonsered has been my 49P. What a difference.Even though the 49SP is a neat saw to run.

Go with the new edition 346XP. It weights 11 lbs and makes 3.7HP. It is a REAL SCREAMER. The 346XP is a well respected saw. Never read anything bad about it. The 353 would also be great. It is pro quality, but not classified as a pro saw. The 346 is only about 50 bucks more though.:chainsaw:

Here are the pics of mine!!!

View attachment 60051

View attachment 60050

Last edited:
I like my 026 Pro, but what I have read about the 346, I want to try one, as well as a 372. I pondered on whether to get 441 or 372. Sounds like 346 cant be a bad deal.

Keep the echo and the jred sell the stihl and send your 2171 to dean to get ported and muffler modded with the money you just saved.

You are free to pick: 346/353/2147/2152/2153.
You can't go wrong with either one.

I would second getting the 50 cc 346XP. Great saw. Would recommend ditching the cat mufler and replacing it with a non-e tech unit.

I am very happy with my Dolmar 5100...

Go with the new edition 346XP. It weights 11 lbs and makes 3.7HP. It is a REAL SCREAMER. The 346XP is a well respected saw. Never read anything bad about it. The 353 would also be great. It is pro quality, but not classified as a pro saw. The 346 is only about 50 bucks more though.:chainsaw:

Here are the pics of mine!!!

View attachment 60051

View attachment 60050

The wife and me have both between us - they both are great, but different. :biggrinbounce2:

The Husky handles slightly better and is slightly lighter - the Dolmar is more versatile because of the inboard clutch.

The Jonsered version of the Husky is the 2153.

Those 3 are the best options imo, as a compliment to the 2171, although a tad heavier than the basic MS250.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back