Differences in the Husky _7_ saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the differences in the Husky 70 cc saws, 272, 372, 575, etc.

I think I found a good deal on a 575 (is $350 good?) which I absolutely don't need but wondering where it fits into the mix and if it is a saw worth adding.

I still gotta find a Stihl and Jonsered to fill out the line up (and a McCulloch, Mall, David Bradley, etc,) but you gotta find the opportunities when they arise.

The 575 is around 74 cc I believe...5.4 hp? Right around there.

The word is there were problems (bearing/crank) with the early production ones. Mostly from the first two years. The later ones were cleaned up. There are a few guys on here who have them, despite their apparent bad rep, who really like them. Modifiedmark comes to mind...

The 575 is heavier and bulkier than a 272 or a 372 (has a few more cc too-372s are ~71cc). It is purported to have more torque.

The 575 is the one to avoid - 372, 576 and 272 are the good ones - with the 372xp as the preferable one!

Last edited:
I never used any strato saw either, I base my opinion on those on an aggregate of what those that did (and I trust) said!

Thanks for your input. After sleeping on it I decided to save my shekels and wait until I finally break down and get a 346XP, especially after what you have said.

Latest posts

Back