Do you drink beer while working on your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd be shocked how much easier it is with nada brewskie's. I cut last year at around 205-210, and this year between 185-187 after stopping in February. I still eat icecream every night (too late) and still stay in better shape. I drank way, way too much though. Now I feel light and ready to go every morning. I still do miss beer after work, it's pretty hard to be beat. I just abused my time with it.

I actually seldomly drink, just my metabolism is slower than a MS441. And I have not started working out yet, usually when I am off I don't gain, because I am always exercising, this year though I have been swamped with saws and my eating habits have not changed.

You'd be shocked how much easier it is with nada brewskie's. I cut last year at around 205-210, and this year between 185-187 after stopping in February. I still eat icecream every night (too late) and still stay in better shape. I drank way, way too much though. Now I feel light and ready to go every morning. I still do miss beer after work, it's pretty hard to be beat. I just abused my time with it.

It's easier to pump the jacks though when you're heavier.;)

If I got beer around when I doing a project , The projects always looks the same the next day . Maybe moved around on the bench a little bit but thats it. And if friends come over and drink a few , the project doesnt even exists.:cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaE4K5fN8Ek

and please no one say "aluminum doesn't rust - it corrodes" People that own Stihl 051's will know what I mean...old school.

I don't know what to say! Corona with lime is the drink of... um... those whose wrists aren't stromg enough to hold a saw. They can only a... ya komow.
The only people I've ever known to drink Corona with lime (and even salt) were... you know. I was always glad when they quit coming around and putting that nasty crap in my fridge. The beer fridge is on the patio and is named The Beerator.

Personally, I drink Schlitz Malt Liquor - cheap, effective and most people won't ask for one (and politely refuse when you offer just to see their reaction :)). For special occasions we'll get some Shiner Bock (my favorite), but that stuff costs too much for every day drinkin', the way we go through beer.

No fridge in da workshop for me...I just can't focus any longer after a beer....

But there's rarely a day passing by that I don't consume a nice and cold one before hitting the sack in the evening. :givebeer:

I just remove all brakes when being with friends...:)

I don't drink while I'm working, but when I'm done, I like to have a cold one or twelve.:givebeer:
attachment.php

Talking about beer, any of you guys know this site?

This is me on that site.

This is an article I wrote on rating beer on that site.

And yes I drink beer while working on, but not using saws.

Corona is the beer of choice at the milling yard but I am partial to something stronger from Escondido, Stone Brewing or a genuine Trappist from Belgium.

This is me on that site.

Corona is the beer of choice at the milling yard but I am partial to something stronger from Escondido, Stone Brewing or a genuine Trappist from Belgium.

Hey Bob, where ya been hiding on all those beer threads... seems you are the connaisseur on this site :clap: I have personally 'rated' a lot of belgian and german style beers in the past years and have narrowed my 'beer stock' down to a few limited brands.

Trappist is a little too darkish for me, I prefer the... triple blondes !!:cheers:

This is me on that site.

Bob, YOU'RE A BLOODY LEGEND! Awesome stuff old son - straight to the top of the class mate. Nothing like working your arse off in 45 degrees celcius and cracking a coldie. My favourite beers are Cooper's Dark Ale and Cascade Premium. Corona is, ahem, OK, but this IS NOT the site to admit it on. Nor would any hunting/shooting websites.
P.S. On a serious note, how's the liver transplant going? :)
P.P.S. Have saved your links in my favourites.

Hey Bob, where ya been hiding on all those beer threads... seems you are the connaisseur on this site :clap: I have personally 'rated' a lot of belgian and german style beers in the past years and have narrowed my 'beer stock' down to a few limited brands.

Trappist is a little too darkish for me, I prefer the... triple blondes !!:cheers:

Yeah I was really keen on the whole beer thing for a while. I even wrote a number of articles for foodie type magazines, but the callback of the chainsaw was too strong! I spent 9 months in Belgium in 2002 and tasted about 500 different beers while I was there. I love triple blondes too but I think Trappist is particularly good with food. I have also been to some awesome beer tasting parties in Montreal and Washington DC hosted by guys from that site. In Montreal there were 12 tasters, 54 different beers (some in six packs) plus a keg. I think I tasted 32 different beers that night.

One of my favorite Belgians is freshly brewed Duvel - I could drink that stuff all day.

After last night I'll never drink again......................
well on second thought one might make me feel better
You know, can't drink all day unless you start in the mornin' :cheers:
Happy Thanksgiving

Latest posts

Back