Dolmar 6100 vs Echo 620p

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the problem.

-When specs say an Echo is weaker or more heavy than the concurrence, Echo fanboys says "specs mean nothing"
-When someone post a comparative video on YT, like me, they say the same.
-When a good respected member like Fordf150 (who sell JRed, Dolmar AND Echo! He has no dog in this fight!) say the Echo is too weak (20% slower than a 6100!!!) and heavy for a 60cc saw (and more expensive in this case), after running it for weeks, the Echo cheerleaders will disagree again.

This website is supposed to be informative, no? What should we do? Should we all agree that the 620 is the best saw ever made just because Echo's fans decided it's like this?
:clap:

I don't mind the weight of the 620, or so much the size. Overall I like the saw but after running a 6400, 2260, 6100, 361 and finally this past weekend getting into wood that buries the bar I decided it just doesn't have the power to satisfy me. I'm not putting the saw down and if you like it..... Thats fine.... It will make a good reliable saw that will make most owners very happy. Every saw has it's bad points including echo. Husky/jred-out board clutch:crazy2:, 6100- no outer dog, plastic clutch cover, 362-it's a stihl... Nuff said, 6400 strongest 60cc saw but also to heavy for me, 361- if you never ran anything but this saw you would love it but with every other saw I just listed being 10x smoother I sold mine and don't miss it.

[/QUOTE]="CapitaineHaddoc, post: 5640827, member: 116487"]Read my comment under the video.

"Indeed, the Husky IS faster, it is a fact. It is also more compact and handy. The Echo is also a great saw, I was able to try it again, and it has more low-end torque that the husky. It is especially widely better than the CS 600 and CS 610. But the size difference between the 2 saws is too big for now."[/QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just my personal opinion but I really could care less what saw is "faster". I care about what saw cuts the best. You say the 620 has "more low-end torque than the husky". I'll take your word on that. That fact is not important to everyone but it is important to me. Everyone's expectations are different.

Truth is I would love to own many Huskies but I DO NOT want an auto tune chainsaw of any flavor. I see absolutely no need for my saw to decide for me, what fuel/air mixture is best. I want control of that, based on the feedback I'm getting in the cut. And like Reed mentioned on his 562 (I think), good luck working on an auto tune problem let alone finding a dealer to work on it. It's just a direction I personally don't think we needed to go. I realize there are lots of guys out there that don't want to be bothered with picking up a screw driver and making a 5 second adjustment. It just seems ridiculous to me. Carb saws are simple, reliable, and strong. There's a lot less chance of a headache IMO.

ON A SIDE NOTE: I've been informed by staff that if I make one more offensive comment to you or SawTroll I will be in banned camp. Let me just say that my comments to you and SawTroll were in good fun and I apologize if they were offensive.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...lame-but-ourselves/ar-BBnpuYc?ocid=spartandhp

= I've been informed by staff that if I make one more offensive comment to you or SawTroll I will be in banned camp. Let me just say that my comments to you and SawTroll were in good fun and I apologize if they were offensive.[/QUOTE]

You are going to band camp? :) OH banned camp... LMAO

Yes, I am not a fan of the AutoTune system, for someit seems near flawless, for others its a nightmare. I'll stick with carbs for now!

Came here to read about the 6100 vs the cs 620 and boy did this thread escalate to defcon4 quickly! Lots of hair pulling and purse swinging with about a dozen quality posts.:rock2:

They're saws we all love them and they are all beautiful in their own ways. Can't we all just get along or at least agree to disagree and have a round of cold ones.:drinking:

Latest posts

Back