Dolmar 6100 vs Echo 620p

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M&Rtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody run the two through the same log yet? Im curious on how the two stack up. About the same price here also.

$100 difference in price between them. I think the 6100 would win on power, a/v, and air filtration. 620p wins on amenities...mag clutch cover and and and and?

$100 difference in price between them. I think the 6100 would win on power, a/v, and air filtration. 620p wins on amenities...mag clutch cover and and and and?

Any decent 50 or 60cc saw should have a mag clutch cover, and I wasn't aware that any of them didn't - just another minus in the protocol, along with excessive weight, low power, etc....

620 has the outside spike as well. I read on the interweb that people are upset the 6100 doesn't have an outer spike, or provision for one, on the plastic clutch cover.

I don't mind the plastic cover as much as the lack of Outside spike

I am sure it has been discussed at some point, but will the 5105 spikes fit up to the 6100? I know they are smaller, but is the bolt pattern/stud spacing the same?

I think I tried it and the outside spike fits but then that leaves you making the inside fit. I'm going to have to double check that in the morning when I get to the shop

I think I tried it and the outside spike fits but then that leaves you making the inside fit. I'm going to have to double check that in the morning when I get to the shop

I don't really understand why anyone cares what fits those Dolmars at all, as they obviously aren't top notch saws?

I don't really understand why anyone cares what fits those Dolmars at all, as they obviously aren't top notch saws?

Come on now...

The 562 has had 3 different carburetors to address performance issues. It leaks fines like crazy through the filtration system. Surely not problems a 'Top Notch' saw would have. 562 is expensive at $700+ when the Dolmar is $150 cheaper to own and runs basically as strong, as smooth or smoother.

We all appreciate your brand loyalty, but can see clearly that the Dolmar may be the best value in the 60cc class.

Back