Dolmar 6100 vs Echo 620p

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on now...

The 562 has had 3 different carburetors to address performance issues. It leaks fines like crazy through the filtration system. Surely not problems a 'Top Notch' saw would have. 562 is expensive at $700+ when the Dolmar is $150 cheaper to own and runs basically as strong, as smooth or smoother.

We all appreciate your brand loyalty, but can see clearly that the Dolmar may be the best value in the 60cc class.

I have no brand loyalty, and just report things as I see them - and neither Stihl, Dolmar or any other brand mentioned here really are comparable to the Orange and Red Husky saws. It is what it is, and there are no way around it!

Come on now...

The 562 has had 3 different carburetors to address performance issues. It leaks fines like crazy through the filtration system. Surely not problems a 'Top Notch' saw would have. 562 is expensive at $700+ when the Dolmar is $150 cheaper to own and runs basically as strong, as smooth or smoother.

We all appreciate your brand loyalty, but can see clearly that the Dolmar may be the best value in the 60cc class.

Well the Dolmar, Sihl and Echo 60cc saws will start, accelerate and filter dust. I can't say the same about the Husqvarna 562, which sure seems to be a real POS at this point. IMHO give me a 359/357.

I don't know about the 562xp, but there are no problems here with the yellowish nylon mesh filters of the 560xpg.

I don't know about the 562xp, but there are no problems here with the yellowish nylon mesh filters of the 560xpg.

My friend I wouldn't expect there to be any issues with that filter in Scandinavia. However I don't currently live in Scandinavia, along with the vast majority of people who buy chainsaws.

My friend I wouldn't expect there to be any issues with that filter in Scandinavia. Howwever I don't currently live in Scandinavia, along with the vast majority of people who buy chainsaws.

You are in the wrong part of the US then - it is bound to happen now and then,

I had the chance to try both of them, and my choice is still the Dolmar. But they're really close in power. The Dolly is a bit lighter with a bar mounted i think, it use the K095 mount I think.

Both saws looks really bulky when you compare them to a 560 or a 562, but the 6100 is probably a bit more compact than the Echo.

I had the chance to try both of them, and my choice is still the Dolmar. But they're really close in power. The Dolly is a bit lighter with a bar mounted i think, it use the K095 mount I think.

Both saws looks really bulky when you compare them to a 560 or a 562, but the 6100 is probably a bit more compact than the Echo.

I highly doubt the 6100 is anywhere as compact as the 560 xp though, or as strong?

No, of course it's not, the design of these saws is too different, the 560 is in another world. But the dolly looks more compact than the Echo.

Yes, but there still are some silly People that claim the Dolly and the Echo are "just as good". Of course the truth is a bit different, they simply aren't!

The Echo and Beal (Dolmar) dealer who lend me these saws to try is impressed by the 560/562, especially by their design. The form of the crankcase is just amazing, he told me the Husky ingeneers must be really good.

Ugh here we go again...

To the op, dont overlook either of these saws based on the words of someone who has never used them. Feel free to pm me specific questions and search for my 6100 thread. i am not going to get involved in a pissing match. There are many good choices in the 60cc class. You just need to find the right balance of features performance and price for yourself. Thats why the Dolmar stood out for ME.

6100 to 562/2260 on size. I have put them side by side and compared. Even though the dolly looks big and bulky it really isn't. I'm going to put this on my list of things to do and start a thread about it in the future with pictures and a tape measure.
The dolly front wrap Handle is 1 inch taller. Hood is the same height but the 2260 dips down under the wrap Handle giving the appearance that it is lower/smaller than it really is. they are the same length. The dolly it's roughly 1 inch wider due to an inboard clutch and the easy start. Oh yeah and brake flag is roughly the same height.

I will gladly take that extra width if it gives me the inboard clutch and the smooth easy cleaning design of the 6100.

Did I mention the 6100 is approaching $200 cheaper than a 562/2260 and has ten times better air filter design.

Did I mention the 6100 is approaching $200 cheaper than a 562/2260 and has ten times better air filter design.

The dealer I picked up my 6100 from had all three and that is exactly why I picked it. 200$ can buy several parts for project saws.

The Echo and Beal (Dolmar) who lend me these saws to try is impressed by the 560/562, especially by their design. The form of the crankcase is just amazing, he told me the Husky ingeneers must be really good.
They are, as they make the lighter, better handling saws, that also has the most power

Back