Dolmar/Kita 510 vs Husky 450 vs Echo 530????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have got myself a Husky 450, I use it for commercial use when we need to cut down a few trees, living in Las Vegas 90% of our tree work is trimming palm trees. I got a couple of the new T435's for that a Stihl 192TC and an Echo 330T. But every once and a while we need to cut down a mesquite tree or something thats when we use the Husky 450.
Good design and it runs great. I have only had it for a few months but for occasional use it seems to work great. It replaced a stihl MS250 with a destroyed clutch and flywheel and with a price tag under $400 it has almost payed for itself already, I'm sure i will be using it for a few more years too.

I have got myself a Husky 450, I use it for commercial use when we need to cut down a few trees, living in Las Vegas 90% of our tree work is trimming palm trees. I got a couple of the new T435's for that a Stihl 192TC and an Echo 330T. But every once and a while we need to cut down a mesquite tree or something thats when we use the Husky 450.
Good design and it runs great. I have only had it for a few months but for occasional use it seems to work great. It replaced a stihl MS250 with a destroyed clutch and flywheel and with a price tag under $400 it has almost payed for itself already, I'm sure i will be using it for a few more years too.

Hmmm - so you use "homeowner" saws only, commercially - how serious is that business?.....:popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:
There's only one choice there for me.

PPhhttpptthh !!! ( raspberry )
red is better.. :)

attachment.php

Better yet for the money a HD 6401 rental, if not Then the 510, Aluminum case and all.

Hmmm - so you use "homeowner" saws only, commercially - how serious is that business?.....:popcorn::popcorn:

We dont buy professional use saw's because they would either end up stolen or broken. Most everything we buy is a throw away except for our large equipment (skiploader, forklift, chipper, trucks, etc. ) working with so many illegal immigrants, you get to find out that they dont give a damn about their equipment. cant exactly see spending money on top of the line equipment when it wont even last through its warranty.

Last edited:
The OP has a 372xp already and is wanting a smaller saw to use.

I like my 510. I got a great deal on it and it does well with 3/8 18 b/c.

P1000132_640x480.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to choose among 3 good saw brands. Anyone of them is a winner; mine is the Makita/Dolmar dcs510.

We dont buy professional use saw's because they would either end up stolen or broken. Most everything we buy is a throw away except for our large equipment (skiploader, forklift, chipper, trucks, etc. ) working with so many illegal immigrants, you get to find out that they dont give a damn about their equipment. cant exactly see spending money on top of the line equipment when it wont even last through its warranty.

Looks like an honest answer, but then there is the issue of using illegal immigrants as workers......:givebeer:

Now wait a minit,,let me read that again,,,hhhmmmm.....yup,STILL looks like you work illeagal immigrants..isnt that against the law ??
i'm SURE the guys out of work can appreciate THAT !!
lemme read that again,,,,,,yup,,still reads the same..
and you posted that out in the OPEN ?
so what IS the name of this company ??

Now wait a minit,,let me read that again,,,hhhmmmm.....yup,STILL looks like you work illeagal immigrants..isnt that against the law ??
i'm SURE the guys out of work can appreciate THAT !!
lemme read that again,,,,,,yup,,still reads the same..
and you posted that out in the OPEN ?
so what IS the name of this company ??

I didn't want to get into this can of worms but apparently it's been opened up. I don't know why anyone would want to talk about bussiness ethics and politics when this is supposed to be a forum for chainsaws. I didn't want to get into this but since you see to be so fixed on it here it goes.

I live in the state of Nevada where the unemployment rate is rediculous, above 14% right now. Even with the unemployment rate so high I almost never see people apply for a job in my company that are honest American citizen's. I know for a fact that most of these people that work for this company are using fake Social Security numbers and identification. They probably went down to the swap meet and bought it or they are using the identification of a guy that they know. Under federal and state laws I cannot investigate this person's true identity without it costing lawsuits and a whole lot of money. It would cost a whole lot of money and time, and it wouldn't accomplish anything, as long as their numbers match up and they appear to be legal there really isn't much to do except hire them and put them to work. As long as the paperwork matches up and it looks legal under state and federal laws they can work. It would be descrimination on the business owners part otherwise.

There isn't exactly a whole lot of (and im sorry if this may sound racist but it's the truth) white guys knocking down the front door to get a job. In fact in the time that I have worked here I have never seen any apply for a job. I'm sure the company I work for would be more than happy to hire people that have legal documents that state that they are american citizens but the truth is, where I live they dont want to push a lawnmower, climb tree, or dig a hole. Not for minimum wage at least. So we have to work with what we got.

I'm sorry but that's just the way it is, I really dont want to expand on this topic any further I would rather just talk about chainsaw's. I mean thats what this forum is for right?

Last edited:
Didn't you guys just see where the Federal Judge said that cops couldn't ask the legality question? Surely they don't want a private individual taking powers they won't give the police? :dizzy:

I didn't want to get into this can of worms but apparently it's been opened up. I don't know why anyone would want to talk about bussiness ethics and politics when this is supposed to be a forum for chainsaws. I didn't want to get into this but since you see to be so fixed on it here it goes.

I live in the state of Nevada where the unemployment rate is rediculous, above 14% right now. Even with the unemployment rate so high I almost never see people apply for a job in my company that are honest American citizen's. I know for a fact that most of these people that work for this company are using fake Social Security numbers and identification. They probably went down to the swap meet and bought it or they are using the identification of a guy that they know. Under federal and state laws I cannot investigate this person's true identity without it costing lawsuits and a whole lot of money. It would cost a whole lot of money and time, and it wouldn't accomplish anything, as long as their numbers match up and they appear to be legal there really isn't much to do except hire them and put them to work. As long as the paperwork matches up and it looks legal under state and federal laws they can work. It would be descrimination on the business owners part otherwise.

There isn't exactly a whole lot of (and im sorry if this may sound racist but it's the truth) white guys knocking down the front door to get a job. In fact in the time that I have worked here I have never seen any apply for a job. I'm sure the company I work for would be more than happy to hire people that have legal documents that state that they are american citizens but the truth is, where I live they dont want to push a lawnmower, climb tree, or dig a hole. Not for minimum wage at least. So we have to work with what we got.

I'm sorry but that's just the way it is, I really dont want to expand on this topic any further I would rather just talk about chainsaw's. I mean thats what this forum is for right?

Thats complete BS !!
hiring illegals is breaking the law !!

Back