Dual port muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What im saying is the exhaust hits the tree or log your cutting an comes back in your face.

A muffler mod if done correct , if anything gets the exhaust out away from you and the saw quicker. We dont turn the deflectors around so the exhaust blows back on us. LOL

+1, my latest mods are hard to distinguish from a factory look. This 066-MS 660 modded muffler has two 3/4" holes with screens and does not look too shabby.

IMG_3272.JP

IMG_3279.JPG

This muffler on my modded 066 flattop.
Pioneerguy600

Hack... :laugh:

This ain't my frist rodeo amigo...

There are lots of hacked up and cobbled up retarded lookin' mufflers around here... Glad you guys don't cut where I cut... you can take your "port jobs" and "muffler mods" and have fun in the cul-de-sac...

I know it's "fun" and stuff... but in the real world... my neigbor could care less if my 044 will beat a 372... modded or not. Just for the record... and I've said it a hundred times... I'm a stock saw type of guy. Oh I have my share of trigger time on modded saws... they are awesome... but it ain't cuttin' peckerpoles on the farm n'either...

I give my opinion... some say I'm "harsh"... and beat up newbies... well I look at it from a real world perspective...

So to the OP... me personally, I would get a factory dual port muffler for the saw and be called a "hack" because I apparently am not mechincaly inclined enough to rat hole 2 holes in a muffler with a drill.

Or you can take the other approach. Do a clean mod that looks factory, and shows some skill. :)

:popcorn:

Gary

I wasn't even talking to you. I was telling the OP if he was a hack don't do a MM, buy the cover.

But since you wrote that lengthy, random, stupid Hack like post....:laugh:

Last edited:
What im saying is the exhaust hits the tree or log your cutting an comes back in your face.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying ......... I take silly putty and plug up the exhaust holes on my saws and then just use an ax, because I don't like the noise or the fumes.

I love the environment, its yummy,

Sam

And, the stock 660 wasn't impressive, the MM make's it my favorite saw. I think you even liked my MM :)

Stihl obviouslly made the dp cover the way they did for a reason.

the did the dp covers the way they did because they can easily punch them out in mass quantities

Looks real nice and for sure gets the exhaust out there away from the saw!

Thanks, yes it works well this way and even the stock OEM muffler exits this way, even the dual port comes out the front, just directed sideways by the outer deflector and still blows against the wood/trees that are being cut.Show me the factory muffler that does not exit somewhat forward and to the sides. A muffler that does not blow some exhaust on the wood being cut would have a tail pipe on it long enough to wrap back around the operator like an expansion chamber setup, not very operator friendly in the woods.IMO
Pioneerguy600

Thanks, yes it works well this way and even the stock OEM muffler exits this way, even the dual port comes out the front, just directed sideways by the outer deflector and still blows against the wood/trees that are being cut.Show me the factory muffler that does not exit somewhat forward and to the sides. A muffler that does not blow some exhaust on the wood being cut would have a tail pipe on it long enough to wrap back around the operator like an expansion chamber setup, not very operator friendly in the woods.IMO
Pioneerguy600

:agree2: A four foot tail pipe to get the exhaust behind you would be awkward!

If you ever get out of your driveways with your saws maybe youll understand i guess.

:agree2: A four foot tail pipe to get the exhaust behind you would be awkward!

Very much so, guess a gimble joint near the front and centered would allow it to be switched to left or right to allow for felling duty from all sides, still a little akward though, imagine limbing with it.
Pioneerguy600

Back