Echo cs-280e bar adjuster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen K

Chainsaw Addict
Reaction score
We had picked up an Echo CS-280E top handle at an auction and when we started taking it apart for cleaning, we noticed that there is no bar adjuster and no place machined for it to fit into. We have another one of these saws on the shelf and it has a bar adjuster. How do you adjust the chain tension without the adjuster? I've attached pictures of the saw without the adjuster and the saw that has one. Does it require a different bar? Chainsaws fixing, collecting, selling and trading is hobby that has become an addiction for my stepson and I. We know a fair amount. He knows more than I do, but neither of us are pros and are still learning so please forgive me if this comes off as a stupid question.

IMG_2327.JPGIMG_2326.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprocket cover is the same as the saw that has the adjuster. There's no holes in the side for side type adjustment. The bar looks like a standard type Oregon. Pics attached.IMG_2329.JPGIMG_2328.JPG

The early 280e's just didn't have a chain adjuster. I have one like that. You just pull the bar tight while you tighten the bar nuts. It seems odd but it works.

The early 280e's just didn't have a chain adjuster. I have one like that. You just pull the bar tight while you tighten the bar nuts. It seems odd but it works.[/

We tried that method and it works. A bit of a pain, but it works.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Latest posts

Back