Echo CS600p modifications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuickSilver

Reaction score
Howdy from College Station!

I have a few questions and honestly I've been lurking around the site for awhile picking up little bits of information here and there.

I have a new CS600, and of course I took it immediately apart to start modding it. I have already pulled the zig zag directional shield off the muffler to reduce the travel path of exhaust exiting the muffler. Is there anything else that needs to be done to the muffler or does someone sell a nicer expansion chamber that bolts right on?

What piston should I use to increase compression? I have pulled the factory piston and will be sending it to get coated with a Thermal Barrier Coating and a low friction skirt coating unless there is a better piston to choose.

I've already done my porting based on what I've read from Gordon Blair's book (Design and Simulation of two stroke engines) which is pretty minimal. I haven't raised or shifted the transfer ports because frankly, there's more experienced people out there who i'm sure will chime in with a $$ price to do the work if they're interested.

I know the 620 makes more power- I was curious if this is just a difference in ignition timing or compression or what?

Just trying to spank my friends Stihl for fun. Not looking for any negative "anti this or that" comments. I've owned husky's, echo's, stihl's and poulan's and still have a few that are my "leave it stock and just maintain it" saws so I know I can rely on them. This one is my yeehaw saw :)

I'm not new to engine building by any stretch, just two strokes really. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back