Echo has a new CS-490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking saw. Interesting air filter arrangement. Do you foresee an issue with the filter sealing around the air box edges ?

Great looking saw. Interesting air filter arrangement. Do you foresee an issue with the filter sealing around the air box edges ?
I had that concern when I first looked at the 500 but it hasn't been an issue that I have seen.

WSE, I bought the 20" version. Which sharpening kit do I purchase? Not sure what the size is. Would like to know now so I can buy the kit as well when I pick it up today.

is the muffler on the 490 identical with the 500p.
It looks identical from the outside although the 500 is painted black. I didn't get a chance to pull the deflector off yet to see if it has the same pipe insert but I would bet it does.

i ordered mine it will be here next week my dealer secured me one for 339.99
he said the echo rep is bring one down so there wont be any shipping charges.
i told them i wanted a 18 on it.

Thanks for the info, WSE.

Also to share with the others, local dealer sold it to me with a 20" bar for $314.

This is my first time dealing outside of a big box store, can I ask for any freebies? :) Maybe buy all the accessories now at a discount?

the only thing i found buying from echo is the red armor oil there is no discount on it.
its liquid gold in a bottle but man does it burn clean.

Just picked it up! Can't wait till I get home!

8A0B3769-51F0-4920-89F7-CECFF2CB8E30_zpsmbu2urr9.jpg

Anyone know when the 490 will become at Canada and for how much canadian dollar? I ask it to my echo dealer yesterday and they don't look to know alot of thing about is echo produt . when i bought my cs500 1 year ago they dont know to it's a copy of the shidaiwa502 and they had sell shindaiwa.....

Thanks for the info, WSE.

Also to share with the others, local dealer sold it to me with a 20" bar for $314.

This is my first time dealing outside of a big box store, can I ask for any freebies? :) Maybe buy all the accessories now at a discount?

the only thing i found buying from echo is the red armor oil there is no discount on it.
its liquid gold in a bottle but man does it burn clean.
The best thing about getting it from a dealer is a good one will make sure it's tuned right (not a chance Home Depot will tune it). The CS590 I just got was a demo saw and was actually tuned rich, I'd guess the dealer tuned it. Try and get non ethanol gas and if you have to run the crap keep it fresh and use Stabil or Seafoam. Steve

Latest posts

Back