Fs80R trimmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryans4022

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Gmornin all, just got an fs80r trimmer to fix. Wont start, not even try. Cold compression is 115 psi. Good blue spark and there is raw gas coming out the muffler and plug gets wet. Start with a carb rebuild? Is 115psi low for this trimmer? Where would you guys go? Thanks

Attachments

• 04A07BAC-BF89-4FC2-B23B-ED5D0700281A.jpeg
    04A07BAC-BF89-4FC2-B23B-ED5D0700281A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 2937FC38-08BD-4878-9211-46018B0F4189.jpeg
    2937FC38-08BD-4878-9211-46018B0F4189.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • A4F5E8F7-37DB-4BA5-BD48-41462D46621D.jpeg
    A4F5E8F7-37DB-4BA5-BD48-41462D46621D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Dump out all of the fuel and pull the plug, and pull the rope a dozen times.
Put the plug back in, and pull the rope, try to get it to fire/hit. If the fuel isn't old as hell, you should get it to run until all of
that fuel in the engine burns off.
Do that and start from there.

If its still flooding your diaphragm is probably stiff as a board and holding the metering needle down.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

If it were me...given how dirty it is, and the symptoms of a carb issue...id snag a 15 dollar fuel service kit off amazon. Carb, air filter, fuel filter and lines...thats probably about the same price as just a kit.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

You need to dry it out as I described until it is dry enough to start and run, until it burns off all of that excess fuel.
Then start from there.
If, when you refill with FRESH fuel, it floods again, then you know that the problem is the carb, and go from there.

If you cannot get it to run briefly, in the drying out procedure, then you will know that your problem is more than a carb problem. You must pull like crazy for a very long length of time until it will start, as a flooded trimmer just won't hit until almost all of that fuel is out.

Try this.

You need to dry it out as I described until it is dry enough to start and run, until it burns off all of that excess fuel.
Then start from there.
If, when you refill with FRESH fuel, it floods again, then you know that the problem is the carb, and go from there.

If you cannot get it to run briefly, in the drying out procedure, then you will know that your problem is more than a carb problem. You must pull like crazy for a very long length of time until it will start, as a flooded trimmer just won't hit until almost all of that fuel is out.

Try this.
Thank you! I ran through that procedure again and it started briefly with an empty tank and the carb purged. Think it points to carb. After that i put fresh gas in and immediately flooded. What do you think? Again thanks.

New oem carb is ordered so its getting new fuel lines,filter etc. will let you know the outcome and i will look at the old carb when i take it off and see whats up. Thanks alot guys!

Latest posts

Back