Got a new 2171 today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryw66

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My new jred came in today. I picked it up at 12:30 and after work cut up 4 good sized elms an old friend had down. 2 + tanks of gas and what fun. They say the 361 cures cancer. I noticed the paint on my pickup shined a little brighter with the saw in it, and I haven't had this much ambishion in years (I'm 43), and when I got home after a few with the buddies, my wife apeared to be about 20 yrs old and wasn't angry at all. Pinch me so I know it's not a dream. Anyhows, it's a great saw and more impressive than I had expected.

I have one too, its a 372, just red. Great saw, why get a 361, although its a good saw, it just don't have the power.

Brand new, 20" bar, I bought it from a local dealer, about 750$, didn't need it, just hear so much about 372's and such I just had to have one. I like jreds because my uncle was a dealer about 15 or 20 yrs ago. Around here they are like a mystery. Nobody has seen nor heard of them.

Brand new, 20" bar, I bought it from a local dealer, about 750$, didn't need it, just hear so much about 372's and such I just had to have one. I like jreds because my uncle was a dealer about 15 or 20 yrs ago. Around here they are like a mystery. Nobody has seen nor heard of them.

and when you tell them there the same as a husky they think your full of it...i know the feeling.

My uncle has been retired for years and he told me he hated it when jred merged with husky, he is very sentimental to the jonsereds, he still has a 66 hanging on his garage wall. He also sold a lot of stihls and says that would be his saw of choice today. I'll let him run the 2171 and I'm sure it will bring a smile to his face.

yea jred had some good saws without husky being involved. what was his jred of choice?

I don't really know, but he did a little racing in the Black Hills. I'm going to talk to him soon, I'll ask and pm later. I know he's pretty fond of that 66 cause he sold a ton of others a long time ago. He also wants to see my mac sp125, it's not much but it runs pretty good.

(yawn) 125 growls, 2171 sings, (another yawn) Those were big elms, I'm going to drive 200 miles tomorrow to see that uncle and show him a couple of saws, so talk to you guys later, and I'm gonna learn how to post pics soon, I promise.

Back