gun for a saw...???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breymeyerfam

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I can't actually believe i'm thinking about getting rid of a gun to get a chainsaw... , but i may know where i can trade my polymer frame kimber for a 088 in good running condition. am I crazy? I really want a big saw. whats this saw really worth? says it runs good and would put a comp gauge on it and let me know how much.
attachment.php

I like guns...:monkey:...I have an 084 that you can play w/ and I will only hold the Kimber for collateral...I would be glad to trade it back to you after you port and build a pipe for it...

What does he want for the saw?..Is it for sale w/o the gun for trade?..What caliber is the Kimber?...What kind of money do you want for the gun?...I might be able to help you out w/ the cash and give you the option to buy the gun back later if you chose...

Get the saw.:monkey:

Drop a few extra here and there with the new saw and finance a 1911 build from Ned Christiansen, or a new Nighthawk if Obama still lets us have 'em.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Do it! I think guns have different means/values to everyone. Not like you can't get another gun down the road. Trades can be hard get at times, especially big saws like that one. I would say that 088 is worth around 800 to 1000.

I would not get the saw if you are only going to put a 20" bar on it. That saw needs at least a 28".

Mac

Just what the gun companies want to hear. Your gun might be worth more now than it ever will be.

Yep!!
They don't depreciate like saws do.

BUT... if a ban is enacted and granfathered, his Polymer Kimber will double in Value. Just like all the full autos made prior to the 86' Ban.

Quite the quandry.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Never trade a gun off....I regret getting rid of any I've had. I too had a nice kimber 1911....i dont even remember what I traded it for now, if that tells ya anything.

If you have a specific purpose in mind (milling?) for the 088, then get it. But if this is a case of CAD, then an 088 has no real usefulness and you will regret letting the Kimber go.

I've bought and traded lots of saws and guns. I never have regretted letting go of any of the saws. I wish I still had the guns.

Latest posts

Back