gun for a saw...???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it better than the Colt??? I never have got to shoot one yet,,,but fondled one,,and for the price,,and all the options you get with it,,it looks like a hell of a bargin....
I love any kind of 1911 models,,,but my sig 226 is my fav. so far.....
It's a 9mm. It has a lighter frame and no where as heavy or built as well as those old colts. Still it's a good shootin pistol and feeds well. I don't know how the new ones are built but all those in the pic were bought in the middle 80s

well, my kimber seems to only be worth around 500 bucks and he says he wont take less than 800. he seems like he would take the kimber and a pair of stripped ar lowers that i have, but man i dont want to part with all that for a saw..... i think:cry:

Get Serious!

A Kimber .45 worth only $500? That's ridiculous. Depending on what kind of shape it's in, it would go for $700-$800 at least out this way. And of course in the People's Republik of Kalifornia, AR lowers are verboten! You'd be much better off selling the Kimber for cash, then buying a saw--if that's what you want to do. Nothing wrong with balancing out one set of toys to fill out the other--but don't rush in; get full value for your trading goods.

P.S. Love my Sig 220 also! Fits in the hand so well, likes every kind of load, shoots almost as well as the much-fussier Colt Gold Cup.

well, my kimber seems to only be worth around 500 bucks and he says he wont take less than 800. he seems like he would take the kimber and a pair of stripped ar lowers that i have, but man i dont want to part with all that for a saw..... i think:cry:

Crap on a stick!!!

A pair of decent lowers will bring 300 bucks.

Even the plastikimber is worth 600 clapped out, run over by D6, and buried in a Boat ramp outhouse.

Screw him, he's taking you for a Rube.

Offer him the pistol flat out, or go cash.

Good carry Pistols are tough as hell to find lately, and you'll have no problems selling the Kimber.

Then again, the guy is a complete Jackass and looking to take advantage of you.... Be double damn sure ya eyeball the crap outta the saw.

Geez!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

a kimber pro bp ten II like levi has, sells new for 650. and rock river lowers ar going for 125 a piece.

Yeah, screw him. A Kimber is worth more than that. Don't get so crazy over a project that you make a bad decision. I sold 2 Kimbers a while back to pay bills, and I wish I hadn't had to every time I think about those guns.

Sorry to the OP on this comment, but I have no love for Taurus. They are inexpensive knock-offs, IMO. My cousin is a gunsmith, and he told me that Taurus is the one gun he has to repair more than any other. Mind you, they didn't blow up in someone's hand, but parts just keep breaking.

a kimber pro bp ten II like levi has, sells new for 650. and rock river lowers ar going for 125 a piece.

yup, i only paid 6 something for the kimber new, and lowers on gun broker was 119-139 last night. i told the guy kimber and one lower, but to no avail. looks like i'm still on the lookout for an 088/880.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back