gun for a saw...???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually, its way too long. if i get this saw i'm thinkin 20" max. ;)
a 20 inch bar on that saw is like a 2 inch pecker on a horse, The body will be big and powerful but there's nothing there to work with. You just gotta figure out which one you want more. I would keep the gun but i have no need for a saw that size. You're situation may be different though.

I would not get the saw if you are only going to put a 20" bar on it. That saw needs at least a 28".

Mac

the saw would more than likely look something like this in no time:clap:
attachment.php

ok ok, maybe not like that one, but still fast:greenchainsaw:

Yep!!
They don't depreciate like saws do.

BUT... if a ban is enacted and granfathered, his Polymer Kimber will double in Value. Just like all the full autos made prior to the 86' Ban.

Quite the quandry.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Yup, but no sense waiting for that "what if" kinda stuff. Why live life fearing that your guns will be takin' or banned? Use them and enjoy them.

BMeyer, I say just go with what you want to do right now.

Get the saw.:monkey:

Drop a few extra here and there with the new saw and finance a 1911 build from Ned Christiansen, or a new Nighthawk if Obama still lets us have 'em.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

If it's between a Kimber 1911 and that 088, get the 088.

There are plenty of 1911's, you can always get one of them. The 088's are not so plentiful.

+1000! No comparison once modded. The big boy will pull a bigger rim. My 084 has no trouble at all pulling a 9-pin 3/8 rim with a 50" bar buried in solid Oak. An 066 isn't going to do that.

I agree totally, I didn't know what he planned to do with it and replied about the same time as he did. I was referring to stock. I should have seen by his avatar it's not going to stay that way!:chainsaw:

If it's between a Kimber 1911 and that 088, get the 088.

There are plenty of 1911's, you can always get one of them. The 088's are not so plentiful.

i always would still have another 1911. a taurus pt1911, that has been an awsome gun so far. have had zero problems with it, cant say the same bout the kimber.

I LOVE guns. I LOVE chainsaws. I have a few of each. Honestly, I think you need to think this out a few days, and do what you think is correct. Before the CAD I had an abundance of guns. I still have enough to defend my family and several other families also, and plenty to hunt with. I also have some decent saws now. You have to weigh you options. How many guns? How many chainsaws? Good luck!

i always would still have another 1911. a taurus pt1911, that has been an awsome gun so far. have had zero problems with it, cant say the same bout the kimber.

I thought about getting that Taurus 1911, it seemed like a really good price compared to many 1911's. I've always heard kimber was suppose to be the best of the best?

I would just put it in the safe beside this one...I can't remember the last time I shot it?...:dizzy:

attachment.php

I thought about getting that Taurus 1911, it seemed like a really good price compared to many 1911's. I've always heard kimber was suppose to be the best of the best?

i've never really liked the double stack frame, but loved my old colt govt, and absolutely love my taurus!

Them Pythons have a smooooth trigger (they're 088 collectable too).

Last edited:
Tastes change, at least mine do. First guns, then antique garden tractors, now chainsaws. Honestly I enjoy playing with the saws a lot more than the guns. I would go for the saw. The 088 is a bad mo.:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back