Halifax County Va. Antique Machinery and Heritage Festival 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty beat, and I didn't even run many saws, just my mouth. Had a great time meeting a bunch of good guys.

Thanks to stinkbait now I think I "need" a Mac PM800 and SP 125C.

Last edited:
i missed you all today i wish i was their so much i really did miss it see you all

i missed you all today i wish i was their so much i really did miss it see you all soon i end up working .

Had an awesome time yesterday. The HHF is definitely on the " must attend" list. Big thanks to Dean, for letting my dad and I run his DA-211.

And what happened to the Piped saw that LP had there? It was running for a bit....and then i saw it partially disassembled in the back of his truck....just wondering.

I'd like to chime in here and say that I had a great time also. Thanks to Igpoe for pulling this together and thanks to Stinkbait for cleaning the logs. There's obviously a great deal of work that goes into pulling this off year after year and Dean does it all in stride while having to work at his job with never a complaint. :yourock:

Thanks to all the AS members who show up with a great variety of saws that really makes this a great time for participants and spectators. :msp_thumbsup:

I'd like to chime in here and say that I had a great time also. Thanks to Igpoe for pulling this together and thanks to Stinkbait for cleaning the logs. There's obviously a great deal of work that goes into pulling this off year after year and Dean does it all in stride while having to work at his job with never a complaint. :yourock:

Thanks to all the AS members who show up with a great variety of saws that really makes this a great time for participants and spectators. :msp_thumbsup:

Could not have said it any better,myself.

Great time was had. Wish I could have made it more than just Saturday but I think the logs left for today will be slim pickin'! I don't know where all of the big wood was found but it sure was nice to have something to really show off all of the big saws... the tough part was which one to run next?!

Anyone get a picture of Stinkbait's chair / love seat?

I would like to thank Dean and all the folks that were there yesterday. I really enjoyed getting out and cutting some wood and its always nice to see old friends. It was a much needed break from how my normal Saturday goes. Loved seeing the saws. also want to tell stinkbait he has one very nice running 026 done a good job on that one.

I do have a question where is all the pics and video that got done yesterday? Look forward to seeing some stuff in action.

And what happened to the Piped saw that LP had there? It was running for a bit....and then i saw it partially disassembled in the back of his truck....just wondering.
May have been a little hot.... And a crack in the pipe. Will clean it up, reassemble and make sure it isnt toasted. I want to pipe a work saw. Love that sound:rock:

Thanks to Dean, Stinky, and Mark for puttin on a good event. HHF hasnt kicked us out yet.

Nice meeting you fellas, and running the saws

Were there a bunch of restored antique cars there too?

I drove back from Harrisonburg VA this afternoon and we met several beautifully restored old cares traveling north on 501 and 29. I bet they were returning home from this event. I may have to join you next year and meet some AS members. But for now, moving my oldest back to NC has priority......

Back