Halifax County Va. Antique Machinery and Heritage Festival 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics I got...

zepy9a4e.jpg

va4ytady.jpg

ugaze2yr.jpg

ra2abane.jpg

Posting from my phone so please ignore grammar errors and typos.

If you listen closely, you can hear the 1-93 cut out a couple times. Yesterday the coil give up on us.

I backed off the throttle very slightly when it did it for me and then got back in it. Thought it was fuel issue and didn't think much of it. Bummer about the coil....

That grin on Jimmy's face is priceless. :msp_thumbup:

You should run that saw.... it pulls real well with enough air and fuel getting to it.

Have wood will travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks dean for all of the wood for us to cut on , I (and everybody else) looked to have a great time , felt good to come and burn some gas and throw some shavings to the rear , and in my opinion i do not know of any show that you can do this kind of sawing at , we are basicaly second to none , i hope everybody in AS land will see that we mean to provide a great venue for saw goers!!
I have been to alot of shows thru the years , and most of them are boring , i have been to them and cranked up saws and cut on a little stick of wood that i provided myself , and seemed to piss people off , i am sorry about the way they feel,PEOPLE PAY TO SEE ACTION , AND THATS WHAT WE DO!!!
I pride myself in keeping a saw motor warm all the time and it has been an honor to be around such good friends who like the same thing .
We have a labor of love for this sport , and the people that sponser such shows have no clue how much effort goes into keeping old vintage chainsaws running , i hope all of them see these threads we post on , and with a little luck one day we will be in great demand!!!!!!!!!!!!

david:cheers:

Last edited:
Well said David. Heck of a good time and you do a good job of keeping the air full of Klotz and chips! Hopefully they saw we mean business as we attacked all of the logs this year and they will give us a little more room next time.

Did anyone notice that if we had saws just sitting people walked right by.. as soon as we would fire one up the crowd would grow and grow. I've never seen so many people want cookies...

This is mostly what we did on Sunday.

[video=youtube;k0wCg4MQ7zg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wCg4MQ7zg&feature=share&list=UU3rhK5rqK8s_FJlPeHEi-Mw[/video]

Well said David. Heck of a good time and you do a good job of keeping the air full of Klotz and chips! Hopefully they saw we mean business as we attacked all of the logs this year and they will give us a little more room next time.

Did anyone notice that if we had saws just sitting people walked right by.. as soon as we would fire one up the crowd would grow and grow. I've never seen so many people want cookies...

I have seen this over and over , my wife says (all we do is cut circles , wow the saw does what it is suposed to do ) she might be right but if i had my way , i would do a GTG in the woods cutting down nice size pine trees , giving the saws the chance to shine once more!!!
People would like that but super dangerous!!!!!!! , i have always wanted to do this !

david

I have seen this over and over , my wife says (all we do is cut circles , wow the saw does what it is suposed to do ) she might be right but if i had my way , i would do a GTG in the woods cutting down nice size pine trees , giving the saws the chance to shine once more!!!
People would like that but super dangerous!!!!!!! , i have always wanted to do this !

david

That would be great fun. The issue then would be that you would have all different skill level attendees and good gosh the danger. I know when I'm cutting in the woods, I don't like but one or maybe two people near me. Fallen trees always move as tension is released and try to pinch bars, etc. That's fun cutting and I love it but it's one of those things I enjoy with a small number. It's much like riding my motorcycle, only a few people I really want to ride with, I don't like large groups. A GTG cutting set logs with minimal chance of log movement helps minimize the risk.

I would love to see a high line logging operation in person too but also realize that that site would be so wide open someone standing around would be nuts. I'm sure it's nothing like TV makes it out to be.... exactly why I want to see.

Great time was had. Wish I could have made it more than just Saturday but I think the logs left for today will be slim pickin'! I don't know where all of the big wood was found but it sure was nice to have something to really show off all of the big saws... the tough part was which one to run next?!

Anyone get a picture of Stinkbait's chair / love seat?

View attachment 294008

Here is one with him sitting in it.

I just wanted everyone to know that it was a pleasure to meet and hang out with everyone. I am so glad I got to run so many saws this time as opposed to the CV GTG. Special thanks to Dean for letting me run the 1-93 and 125 sp. You and Mitch have made me a true believer in the old McCulloch saws now and will be on the lookout for a 125. Also thanks to Justin for letting me run the 395xp and the 7900. I definitely have to get the 7900 p/c for my 6421 and will be saving for a 395xp as my next saw. It was also a pleasure to run the 3120 that LP and his father brought. I was definitely inspired to try my hand at fabricating an expansion chamber after seeing the pipes on LP and Pioneer Fan's saws. I really enjoyed talking with everyone and couldn't think of a better group of guys to hang out with. I am already looking forward to next years HHF just so I can hang out and BS with you guys again. BTW, I will be slowly uploading pics and videos that I have over the next week. I have to use work Internet and unfortunately due my truncated work schedule I don't have much time to fool around when I am there or I would just knock out a bunch of stuff. Thanks again Dean and Mitch for all of the hard work you did. Oh and also thanks to David for letting me tag along and for always putting on a good show ;)

Justin

I just wanted everyone to know that it was a pleasure to meet and hang out with everyone. I am so glad I got to run so many saws this time as opposed to the CV GTG. Special thanks to Dean for letting me run the 1-93 and 125 sp. You and Mitch have made me a true believer in the old McCulloch saws now and will be on the lookout for a 125. Also thanks to Justin for letting me run the 395xp and the 7900. I definitely have to get the 7900 p/c for my 6421 and will be saving for a 395xp as my next saw. It was also a pleasure to run the 3120 that LP and his father brought. I was definitely inspired to try my hand at fabricating an expansion chamber after seeing the pipes on LP and Pioneer Fan's saws. I really enjoyed talking with everyone and couldn't think of a better group of guys to hang out with. I am already looking forward to next years HHF just so I can hang out and BS with you guys again. BTW, I will be slowly uploading pics and videos that I have over the next week. I have to use work Internet and unfortunately due my truncated work schedule I don't have much time to fool around when I am there or I would just knock out a bunch of stuff. Thanks again Dean and Mitch for all of the hard work you did. Oh and also thanks to David for letting me tag along and for always putting on a good show ;)

Justin

Glad you had a great time....I personally, had fun, watching the look on Your, Dave, And Carguy's faces after you all ran the "Vile-Thing"...especially when you all realized what chain it was toting. Should have taken a pic of each of your reactions, they were worth the effort i put into that saw. And watching Sawmandave, is always a treat....he really keeps the tempo up,all day...LOL

Last edited:
Back