Help me find the best Echo....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redshift

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was looking for advice on Echo chainsaws but could not post my query as this forum was down...:givebeer:

Experts can you suggest me a good Echo for medium to heavy duty use. For medium duty use I need to cut 10-18" wood, while I need a heavy duty model to buck 18"+ wood.

I could not get god advice on Echo saws anywhere as it is not a very common brand like Stihl and Husqvarna, but many people advise that they are equally good. I want to know others experiences with Echo and the model that worked best for them :msp_rolleyes:....so that I could make my decision.

I was looking for advice on Echo chainsaws but could not post my query as this forum was down...:givebeer:

Experts can you suggest me a good Echo for medium to heavy duty use. For medium duty use I need to cut 10-18" wood, while I need a heavy duty model to buck 18"+ wood.

I could not get god advice on Echo saws anywhere as it is not a very common brand like Stihl and Husqvarna, but many people advise that they are equally good. I want to know others experiences with Echo and the model that worked best for them :msp_rolleyes:....so that I could make my decision.

May I suggest a CS-600P... You'll find a plethora of information on here about it. It responds well to porting as well. Good luck!

TFB

There new 590 timber wolf at 399.00 is a great value in my opinion, or you could bump up to there newest model and get the 620. Which I will be adding to my collection when funds allow. And I currently have mostly stihl stuff. The 620 is just that strong.

Cs600p

I recently found a deal on a brand new 600p, haven't gotten to use it much but have been pleased, will do everything I need for a saw to do.

what sort of power does it provide, I mean I want two saws as I mentioned for medium and heavy duty use. So where you would place it??

Also what do you think is better, Stihl or Echo??:dizzy:

Just make sure you compare Stihl pro saws to Echo, their lower models are heavy, so so on power and not built the best plus real expensive parts. Steve

I can tell you that after sitting for months my Echo saws will fire up and run. Often the other saws that I have need attention after sitting. I dont leave the gas in them either. Echo build quality is excellent, small details like lining plastic screw holes with brass shim stock makes for a long lasting product. Price point is also right, especially on the 590-600 and 620-680.

I can tell you that after sitting for months my Echo saws will fire up and run. Often the other saws that I have need attention after sitting. I dont leave the gas in them either. Echo build quality is excellent, small details like lining plastic screw holes with brass shim stock makes for a long lasting product. Price point is also right, especially on the 590-600 and 620-680.

Plus one on the build quality, you won't be pulling out bar studs on a Echo. As mentioned brass inserts where needed. Easy to work on, even the top handle saws. One pull starting after the first start of the day even after sitting quite a while, handle great, online parts at good prices. The only down side is they need to be tuned and come with a clogged up muff that needs to be opened up. I can see where people that run them as they come frown on the power. Steve

I have some Echos, Stihls, and Huskys, for the price point I like the Echoes and they are very durable to boot.

That said, I run a Stihl MS 360 when I have a lot of bucking. It's stronger than my comparable Echo, a 670. The Stihl is not as reliable though.

I stopped by my local Home Depot today to see what all the fuss was about.They had exactly TWO echo's,both 310's and one of those had parts missing.I didn't even ask about rental refurbs.I'd heard the Depot was on the ropes and this one looked it.

In addition to a good saws at a good price it is hard to beat Echo's 5 year warranty. The 562XP has a 6 month warranty:frown:.

Average Joe can have a 4 year warranty on a 562. And for that matter - I've warrantied a year old commercially used 562 with proper auth from husky.

Back