Here's WoodBooga's Next Firewood Delivery...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
count me in! ill soon have the license to drive the truck! the loader just needs some patients and common sense. but if any of you are driving im doubling my coverage on the truck!!!!!

Well, let's add it up.
(1) Suppose "Jaws" can remove one of those 60,000 pound loads from a truck every 10 minutes and stack it somewhere. The trucks are always ready for Jaws to unload them.

(2) The Jaws operator and the truck drivers run a typical 8-hour day with an hour off for lunch.

Question: How many cords of firewood does our crew have already piled up and ready to cut with our chainsaws at the end of only one day?

Well, let's add it up.
(1) Suppose "Jaws" can remove one of those 60,000 pound loads from a truck every 10 minutes and stack it somewhere. The trucks are always ready for Jaws to unload them.

(2) The Jaws operator and the truck drivers run a typical 8-hour day with an hour off for lunch.

Question: How many cords of firewood does our crew have already piled up and ready to cut with our chainsaws at the end of only one day?

Enough to keep even a 361 busy for a day.:blob2:

Psssst... On St. Patrick's Day, I admit that this is a "loaded" question. Perhaps only WoodBooga could answer it, accurate to within 30 cords.:D

586.04656 cords per day based on the weight of red maple, which is the predominant species here (which is why tourists - leaf peepers - flock to the region during foliage season.

The number is inclusive of wood waste such as fallen bark, woodchips, and splinters.

586.04656 cords per day based on the weight of red maple, which is the predominant species here (which is why tourists - leaf peepers - flock to the region during foliage season.

The number is inclusive of wood waste such as fallen bark, woodchips, and splinters.

That's pretty close to what I got. About 550 cords of ash, still my favorite hardwood. The problem is figuring out how to cut all that and get it on the truck in the first place. Then of course, there has to be a tree supply.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed the thread. :cheers:

That's pretty close to what I got. About 550 cords of ash, still my favorite hardwood. The problem is figuring out how to cut all that and get it on the truck in the first place. Then of course, there has to be a tree supply.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed the thread. :cheers:

Was fun. Let's do it again sometime. No math next time please. No fun having to scratch my brain for answers to life's persistent questions.

:monkey: :):greenchainsaw:

Back