Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Making my 3100th Post in the Homelite Thread!

Inspired by Chris (Thieroff), I'm making my 3100th post here in the Homelite thread. Here's a rehash of one of my BIG Homelite Magnesium pics to mark the occaision.

000_0199.jpg

Now if a 3100G would just come my way......:D

Duke Thieroff

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands, you SOB!
Inspired by Chris (Thieroff), I'm making my 3100th post here in the Homelite thread. Here's a rehash of one of my BIG Homelite Magnesium pics to mark the occaision.

000_0199.jpg

Now if a 3100G would just come my way......:D

Officer Aaron,

That is quite the saw there, hope you can find the necessary parts. I reckoned you would like to celebrate in the red saw thread.

You know, you might be the Mark Heimann of Homelites. You just got to get your collection up.

Chris

8433jeff

8433jeff

Aftermarket connoisseur
...and the McCulloch equivelant of one. Somehow I think you'll have both long before I get a 3100G Jeff.....even with Mark and myself both not making it to the "Jeff's saws handoff point". I'll have that shipping info for you in a second. My mind's like a sieve lately.....:msp_ohmy:

:rock::biggrin::msp_thumbsup:

watsonr

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
this is the one that I think you said was a 900D and that the kill switch was in the wrong spot. Somebody needed to jump start this thread!:msp_wink: I did pick up a real one last night.....a 900D that is, this one was lonely. now that the heart is beating again...here

100MEDIA_IMAG0358.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0359.jpg

And one for the road!!:msp_w00t:
100MEDIA_IMAG0104.jpg

kuhndog

kuhndog

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Homelite 360 Auto

Just got a 360 auto to get running for a guy at work to return to his Dad in restored cond.1st off to me it looks close as NIB as can be.Two loops of I think chipper chain (sure looks like an S).Any way have to find out if he wants to fix, only thing I found wrong was carb manifold shot it's like gum.How bad is it to replace,will be a rainy day repair or winter.Thanks,David P.S. sorry I can't do pictures

weedeaterman

weedeaterman

ArboristSite Operative
this is the one that I think you said was a 900D and that the kill switch was in the wrong spot. Somebody needed to jump start this thread!:msp_wink: I did pick up a real one last night.....a 900D that is, this one was lonely. now that the heart is beating again...here

100MEDIA_IMAG0358.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0359.jpg

And one for the road!!:msp_w00t:
100MEDIA_IMAG0104.jpg

Now that is a Monster! Nice stuff!

8433jeff

8433jeff

Aftermarket connoisseur
Just got a 360 auto to get running for a guy at work to return to his Dad in restored cond.1st off to me it looks close as NIB as can be.Two loops of I think chipper chain (sure looks like an S).Any way have to find out if he wants to fix, only thing I found wrong was carb manifold shot it's like gum.How bad is it to replace,will be a rainy day repair or winter.Thanks,David P.S. sorry I can't do pictures

If you are in far enough to see that, I would assume you are almost in far enough to fix it. Somebody with some experience should be by shortly.

Ambull

Ambull

OCD Muscle Saw Collector

I have only done one. It is like a game of twister to get it all back together, but well worth it. 360's are really nice saws IMO. Usually the duckbill on the fuel cap will be toast as well. Fill tank with gas and turn upside down. If fuel starts pissing out the cap, you need a new duckbill. These are readily available on EBAY. Just pry off the brass breather filter and insert the duckbill underneath.

Remember to attach everything underneath, and run the impulse line, before attaching the tank. I think that I had to do mine like three times because I kept forgetting something.