Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!
It is going into a Poulan 73 super.
Specs work, (wrist pin and such)but the crown on the Poulan 72 is a bit taller.
Also the pins have to be moved on the Homey 700 piston as the Poulan 72 cylinder is open transfers.
Hoping the Wiz-6 is a bit closer to save on mods.

Is there already a Homelite thread? My dad has a little red and white one that maybe was straight gassed when borrowed...I don't think it's completely froze up but I haven't inspected.

Any fans? Can we get another brand specific thread moving???

I think u will get lots with doing search on Google

Well I sharpened the chain and tuned the carb of the 995G and ran it in a pretty cut up piece of seasoned elm. Here is the video. I tried to richen it up really fat but it wouldn't come up off the governor so I backed it off till it just came off and revved up to operating rpm. Now it doesn't bog down at all.
[video=youtube;k0v3ompmyNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0v3ompmyNI[/video]

Well I sharpened the chain and tuned the carb of the 995G and ran it in a pretty cut up piece of seasoned elm. Here is the video. I tried to richen it up really fat but it wouldn't come up off the governor so I backed it off till it just came off and revved up to operating rpm. Now it doesn't bog down at all.

Now you got it! Good job Jim.:D

Thanks all for allowing me to stay here. :msp_tongue::msp_tongue:

No worries Ricky. It'd take a lot more for us to want to run you out of here. We just gave you a little ribbin'. Grab a stool. The first Newcastle is on me...:cheers:

I was just given a 770D with a siezed P/C and the rustiest bar and chain I have ever seen. It is a roller (and yes, Aaron, a real roller, not a sprocket roller :hmm3grin2orange: ) nose so I would like to restore it.

Any tricks of the trade to bring this bar back to life?

Was hoping it would be a bar i could also use on my 909D but see the 770D is .404 rather than 7/16.

I was just given a 770D with a siezed P/C and the rustiest bar and chain I have ever seen. It is a roller (and yes, Aaron, a real roller, not a sprocket roller :hmm3grin2orange: ) nose so I would like to restore it.

Was hoping it would be a bar i could also use on my 909D but see the 770D is .404 rather than 7/16.

I don't know about the mount but if I'm reading your post right and it's a roller, pitch won't matter, only the slot width.

Picked up this C-52 today

don't really know anything about it (not even sure of the cc's and what length of bar she'll pull)other than the fact that I love it :rock:

and that it screams like a banshee

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

here is the info from acres site. from personal experience stay away from longer bars with .404 chain. I usually put on a 3/8 sprocket and ran a 20 to 24 inch bar. I did put a 36 inch bar with .404 on one time and found that it was under powered for that set up.
Model Profile: C-52

Brillo pad, wd40, and elbow grease.

here is the info from acres site. from personal experience stay away from longer bars with .404 chain. I usually put on a 3/8 sprocket and ran a 20 to 24 inch bar. I did put a 36 inch bar with .404 on one time and found that it was under powered for that set up.
Model Profile: C-52

Thankee, BTW, I see that it recommends 16:1 mix, I'm assuming that was only with the oldschool oils?

Nice Jacob! I am going to town to get a deer tag, and swinging by my father in law's, bringing home his super xl 925, and a clean low hour saw!

Glad to see it! Is she up and running? It's a nice looker, better shape than the donor saw the cylinder came off of.

Well I gotta get the coil wire straightend up. It seems to be getting fire but not enough?
I plan on restoring this saw :msp_w00t:

Thanks again, Ill get her up and running soon. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back