Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chris413

chris413

ArboristSite Lurker
Nice pic Randy. Gotta go check out the F&L forum for more pics. From this pic, I'd say that saw is indeed an 8-29.:cheers:

That'll happen just about whever the wind blows and you smell some perfume (or you see some serious Old Magnesium) at your age Jacob!:D

+1
Grab the Dolmar. That particular 'homelite' isn't worth messing with. Keep an eye out on craigslist for a Homelite (notice the caps) XL12/Super XL or E-Z/Super E-Z type saw. They're REAL Homelites, and will serve you well. Before you buy, remove the muffler cover and look through the exhaust port at the piston, cylinder, and rings (if the seller will let you). Look for scoring. If it looks bad, pass (unless you get it for almost nothing....as a parts saw). Bring a 5/16" nut drive and a good large flat blade screwdriver with you. That will get you into the Homelites. Not sure what the Dolmar will have for muffler screws. Probably metric hex-head cap screws.

thanks for saving me from buying a ronald mcdonald happy meal saw HAHA! im glad i found this place, you guys are very helpfull. i really wanted that dolmar, but when i went to look at it the saw stalled on the first cut and wouldnt start up again, the cord didnt want to recoil back whenever you pulled it. the guy just called me back and told me hes fixed the problem, it was a bad condencer. aside from that the saw looked good, but i happened to get a poulan s25da and the dolmar is only 2 inches bigger so i dont think i need it. ill keep a look out for those saws!

homelitejim

homelitejim

Full of Scrap
homelite995G001.jpg

finally

RandyMac

RandyMac

Stiff Member
Oh yeah!
The stihl guys can yank off about the 090 all day, but that series of Homelite gear-drives cut a 1000 times more old growth. I was a second sawyer for a guy who ran nothing but big Homelites, from the 9-26 through to the last of the series.

wendell
Worked the 909D and the Zip today. Just cleaned up the 909D and got the rust off of the clutch. Any suggestions on getting the keys back into the shaft to hold the clutch in place?

The Zip has spark but only 75 PSI compression. Could it be just as simple as taking the P/C apart and cleaning it up and freeing the rings or will a new P/C be in order?

tbone75
Worked the 909D and the Zip today. Just cleaned up the 909D and got the rust off of the clutch. Any suggestions on getting the keys back into the shaft to hold the clutch in place?

The Zip has spark but only 75 PSI compression. Could it be just as simple as taking the P/C apart and cleaning it up and freeing the rings or will a new P/C be in order?

Big hammer :monkey:

a. palmer jr.

I doubt if you'll need a new p/c unless you see excessive wear. You just might need to scuff up the cylinder slightly. A new set of rings would be nice if you can find them.

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Any one have the bore size (piston size) of a WIZ-6?
Fingers are crossed for 55.68mm!!
Thanks guys!

You mean a Super Wiz 66 Matt? That's 2"/50.8mm.

Model Profile: SUPER WIZ 66

55.68mm would be for a 5.64ci, 5.8ci, or 6.11ci Homelite (and the bore would actually be 55.5mm). Talking SW77, SW80, 700-775 D/G, XP1000-1130G, 9-23/9-26, etc.

Model Profile: SUPER WIZ 77

Model Profile: SUPER WIZ 80

Model Profile: SUPER XP-1020

Model Profile: 700-D

Model Profile: 775-G

Model Profile: 9-23

Latest posts