Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, Mitch. Looks like I should pop on over and we could have a 900 series restorathon! :msp_thumbsup:

IMG_4292.jpg

Very nice, Mitch. Looks like I should pop on over and we could have a 900 series restorathon! :msp_thumbsup:

IMG_4292.jpg

Mini GTG! I'm in!

Poured concrete and finished the drain in the new shop yesterday. Should only be a couple weeks now til finished. Old Homie revival is good way to break her in.

P.S I should have the parts needed to finish that Zip.

Mini GTG! I'm in!

Poured concrete and finished the drain in the new shop yesterday. Should only be a couple weeks now til finished. Old Homie revival is good way to break her in.

Looks like from here that all you need is a spark plug cover, exhaust deflector, and starter handle to finish it up...shouldn't be hard to get those parts.

Mini GTG! I'm in!

Sweet! PM me with what weekends might work. Hopefully, this heat will break at some point. WSC/Stephen is already sending me the cover and deflector for the Zip. The 909D has no starter handle so I'll have to figure out something for that.

Sweet! PM me with what weekends might work. Hopefully, this heat will break at some point. WSC/Stephen is already sending me the cover and deflector for the Zip. The 909D has no starter handle so I'll have to figure out something for that.

Did you salvage the P/C in that Zip Steve? I have a good used set if you need 'em. IIRC Mitch sent 'em to me!:cheers:

An unexpected score!!!

100_3691.jpg

100_3692.jpg

Enjoying some Makers 46 with my new arrival. "PNW" Homelite Super E-Z Automatic. Rescued from a shelf after 20 years of sleep. Just gave it a quick wipe down with a shop towel. Still dirty. No corrosion. Nothing broken. .325 safety chain on a 16" Homelite sprocket nose. A new chain's in order. P/C look great. A 'low hours' saw. Looks to be the last of the "All Metal" Super E-Z's (before they cheaped 'em out with plastic starter covers and such). Full wrap bar.:cheers:

Hey guys finally got to this Super XL i picked up.
It was locked up but looked in real good shape so I figured i knew what it was
After I got it on the bench I took the muffler off the P/C looked perfect! So I took a 5/8 to the Clutch nut and turned it over and hear a metal against metal sound.. GREAT NEWS I instantly knew I was right HEHEHE
100_1890.jpg

I had this happen to me before with another Super XL
100_1893.jpg

The Bolts behind the Flywheel that hold the crankcase in comes loose. So I took the Fylwheel off of this saw, took all the nuts out and put loctite on them :cheers: Closed it all back up cleaned it up alittle more. Sprayed alittle gas in the carb and she popd but was surprised how "long" the recoil rope was
100_1894.jpg
:laugh: Yes sir she was getting spark with that longa rope LOL :dizzy: After trying to install a new recoil rope and now the rope drum will not install back into the recoil springs It was late last night so I quite lol Ill get back to it today here's a picture of the saw! ill get a better one once I clean it up more and but B&C on it
100_1896.jpg

Jacob: Good lookin' project.

Sometimes on a recoil you have to make a zig-zag handle out of fine soft wire to pull the spring to one side so the pulley will slip in.
Carl.

B.T.W. Will be well south of you Monday for four days in Branson. Up to my waist in the trophy trout area below Table Rock.

Last edited:
Hey guys finally got to this Super XL i picked up.
It was locked up but looked in real good shape so I figured i knew what it was
After I got it on the bench I took the muffler off the P/C looked perfect! So I took a 5/8 to the Clutch nut and turned it over and hear a metal against metal sound.. GREAT NEWS I instantly knew I was right HEHEHE

I had this happen to me before with another Super XL

The Bolts behind the Flywheel that hold the crankcase in comes loose. So I took the Fylwheel off of this saw, took all the nuts out and put loctite on them :cheers: Closed it all back up cleaned it up alittle more. Sprayed alittle gas in the carb and she popd but was surprised how "long" the recoil rope was
:laugh: Yes sir she was getting spark with that longa rope LOL :dizzy: After trying to install a new recoil rope and now the rope drum will not install back into the recoil springs It was late last night so I quite lol Ill get back to it today here's a picture of the saw! ill get a better one once I clean it up more and but B&C on it

Couldn't tell you how many of these Iv'e gotten for free because of this issue. Great saws and an easy fix

Aaron, you got a pretty SEZ, but that'n looks like a plastic starter housing to me. :cool2:

Dan

Well dammit. You're right. Just took a closer look and it is plastic. I have a parts saw almost exacly like it, and the cover on THAT saw is metal. Same shape, without the 'shaver grill' of the earlier saws. I have one of those too. It'll still be a good runner..............and I may swap the metal cover from the parts saw on. This is the first time I've seen a plastic E-Z starter cover that wasn't all chipped/scratched up and/or sun faded. Maybe I'll leave it on...

Eccentric, you were right about the carb. Picked up a kit today but didnt change anything. I did notice that while its idling it barely picks up any fuel threw the line and as soon as i open the throttle it dies. Checked all impulse passages and they were clear. Gonna meet up with a more experienced member this weekend to further investigate.

Well, good news. Went out to see "Galde" saturday and he looked over the saw. It's basically his super 1050 with a gearbox so he was familiar with it. We checked over the clutch and replaced some gooey duck bills and took it outside for a test run. Couldn't get it to fire so he sprayed a little fuel down the carb and it fired up and ran great. Figures! We put a 18" B&C on it to make some test cuts and it ran great. I don't have a clue why it wouldn't run for me but it seems to run great now. Matter of fact its AWESOME!!!!!!! Went out back a few minutes ago with the Cannon 48" bar on it and threw it in a piece of 36" Red Oak and it never slowed down. At one point i put both hands on the rear handle and pullled up, never even grunted. Holy cow! Guess that 3 to 1 reduction helps. As soon as i figure out my new camera i will post up some pics. Oh yeah, also realized that the 60" hardnose bar i picked up awhile back has the homelite bar mount so a new chain for it is enroute. I have to give a big thanks to Galde for helping me out with this old monster, the guy is a genius. He wouldn't take any money so i told him i would purchase him a few tickets for the TN GTG raffle. pics to follow.

Well, good news. Went out to see "Galde" saturday and he looked over the saw. It's basically his super 1050 with a gearbox so he was familiar with it. We checked over the clutch and replaced some gooey duck bills and took it outside for a test run. Couldn't get it to fire so he sprayed a little fuel down the carb and it fired up and ran great. Figures! We put a 18" B&C on it to make some test cuts and it ran great. I don't have a clue why it wouldn't run for me but it seems to run great now. Matter of fact its AWESOME!!!!!!! Went out back a few minutes ago with the Cannon 48" bar on it and threw it in a piece of 36" Red Oak and it never slowed down. At one point i put both hands on the rear handle and pullled up, never even grunted. Holy cow! Guess that 3 to 1 reduction helps. As soon as i figure out my new camera i will post up some pics. Oh yeah, also realized that the 60" hardnose bar i picked up awhile back has the homelite bar mount so a new chain for it is enroute. I have to give a big thanks to Galde for helping me out with this old monster, the guy is a genius. He wouldn't take any money so i told him i would purchase him a few tickets for the TN GTG raffle. pics to follow.

pics

Back