Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I did get an early one. I remember a post from Chainsaw Lady saying that the serial numbers of their first shipment of XL-12's began with 155****.
ujumumeg.jpg

Super XL-67??

I moved quickly when I saw this one come up today. I am pumped.
I thought the seller musted have hit the wrong key and typed XL-67 instead of XL-76. I've been keeping my eye out for a blue and white one that was in nice shape. The model number is a mystery to me and I haven't been able to find any info on it. If anyone knows anything about it, a little info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nice score Tim

I thought the seller musted have hit the wrong key and typed XL-67 instead of XL-76. I've been keeping my eye out for a blue and white one that was in nice shape. The model number is a mystery to me and I haven't been able to find any info on it. If anyone knows anything about it, a little info would be appreciated.

Thanks

I saw that on Kijiji but decided to pass. Looks great though! I really like my XL76.

Lee

What bar and chain are you running on your 35? My doesn't like the 3/8 I've tried and Acres says should be .325 and an A061 bar. Certainly not what this one came with although it wasn't running when i got it.

Regards,

Lee
been sick all week since getting it. will check later today. is either 3/8 lopro or .325 & homelite bar.

I saw that on Kijiji but decided to pass. Looks great though! I really like my XL76.

Lee

Saweeeeet score Tim, Super XL-67 isn't even listed on Acres site.
Never heard of one my self till now.

Lee

I got my understanding wife to bring it inside and had a brief look at it. It is a Terry Industries saw assembled in Pointe Claire, Quebec so it was likely only sold in Canada. I don't know enough about the Homelites to say but right now I'm guessing it may be an XL-12. Maybe those of you who would recognize the frame could tell me if you think that's what it may be.
Anyhow, I love the critter.

Homie 360 Starter Pulley/Cup

Anyone have a good place to try and get a Homelite 360 starter pulley/cup? I have tried to PM chainsawlady, but with all of the hacking and whatnot, I dont know if the PM ever made it through.

Anyone here have one in a box from a parts saw they are looking to get rid of?

Take comfort. You are not alone.

Well, I finally tasted success with the Super 2! I spent the biggest part of the day working on the thing (I'm stubborn) but I finally did get it running. It was the carburetor but there were other things I didn't notice before that needed touched up. The chain turned as soon as the saw started and kept connected even at idle so that told me to check the clutch. The sprocket had no bearings in it so had to put the little rollers in it with grease then I had to change the bar and chain because they didn't work with the saw, I'm thinking it was a different pitch but wasn't marked. At least now it's going and I can get on with something else!

Well, I finally tasted success with the Super 2! I spent the biggest part of the day working on the thing (I'm stubborn) but I finally did get it running. It was the carburetor but there were other things I didn't notice before that needed touched up. The chain turned as soon as the saw started and kept connected even at idle so that told me to check the clutch. The sprocket had no bearings in it so had to put the little rollers in it with grease then I had to change the bar and chain because they didn't work with the saw, I'm thinking it was a different pitch but wasn't marked. At least now it's going and I can get on with something else

Stubborn persistence often pays off. Glad to hear you got it running.

Thanks

VERY NICE! That's a conversation piece for sure.

My $10 tinker toy.

I've seen hundreds of the top handle variants (super2, etc) and many many more XL12's or SXL's, and an occasional 925, Zip, etc, but this is my first and the first C5 I've seen in person. Anyone have any info about this oddly huge heavyweight?

Also, anyone have a recoil assembly for one that they're willing to part with?

I scored this one for a whopping $10, and for an extra $1 (he was firm on that damn dollar), I got a coffee can full of XL and SXL 925 carbs.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice find! My kinda price. Do the fingers on the hub stick out when you pull the recoil handle?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got my understanding wife to bring it inside and had a brief look at it. It is a Terry Industries saw assembled in Pointe Claire, Quebec so it was likely only sold in Canada. I don't know enough about the Homelites to say but right now I'm guessing it may be an XL-12. Maybe those of you who would recognize the frame could tell me if you think that's what it may be.
Anyhow, I love the critter.

FANTASTIC score Tim! Yet another Canada-only Homelite model in your collection. First your XL-922 (that would be a VI-944 in the states), and now this beauty.

That looks like an early Super XL-Automatic. It definitely has the auto oiler type drivecase. Probably 3.55ci (instead of 3.3ci like an XL-12). Take a pic of the carb box area with the AF cover and AF removed. That way we can see if it has a flat reed or pyramid reed setup. Either way, that's a real jewel you got there.

FANTASTIC score Tim! Yet another Canada-only Homelite model in your collection. First your XL-922 (that would be a VI-944 in the states), and now this beauty.

That looks like an early Super XL-Automatic. It definitely has the auto oiler type drivecase. Probably 3.55ci (instead of 3.3ci like an XL-12). Take a pic of the carb box area with the AF cover and AF removed. That way we can see if it has a flat reed or pyramid reed setup. Either way, that's a real jewel you got there.

Here's a pic of the carb / reed block. This linkbucks thing is becoming a real PITA. I had to disable Java script
Thanks Aaron

Attachments

• IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 11
In the pile of old Homelites I got last weekend, there was 1 Wards. I was looking on Acres site and there are only a few Wards listed. Some monsters. But, my little 3.7 cube wasn't there. Is there some where else, under a different name? I looked at Westbend, and that deferred to Chrysler, but couldn't match anything up. Thanks, Joe.

Here's a pic of the carb / reed block. This linkbucks thing is becoming a real PITA. I had to disable Java script
Thanks Aaron

I had to do the same. Disabled Javascript in Chrome and on my phone. Disabled scripting/advanced scripting in IE. Now it's kinda clunky, but at least I'm not getting the linkbucks crapola. BTW...............do a virus/malware scan. After getting that llinkbucks crap, I found 8 bugs in a scan...

That saw has the 4 petal pyramid reed setup. Tillotson HS as well. That saw is a Super XL-Automatic in cool colors. Quite a score indeed. Talk with ModifiedMark before he heads to the GTG if you can. IIRC he still has some NOS Homelite bars. Bet he'd hook you up with one for that saw. Check the bar studs. Should be 5/16', as that saw should be from before the switch to 3/8" studs..........but you never know. Tell Mark the stud size too. Of course, you could always do the spring stud spacer thing if you need to put a 3/8" slot bar on it (and it has 5/16" studs). Between that saw and your Canuck department store SXL-AO with the chainbrake, you've got a couple RARE ones from that series.
:clap:

Last edited:
In the pile of old Homelites I got last weekend, there was 1 Wards. I was looking on Acres site and there are only a few Wards listed. Some monsters. But, my little 3.7 cube wasn't there. Is there some where else, under a different name? I looked at Westbend, and that deferred to Chrysler, but couldn't match anything up. Thanks, Joe.

Got a pic of the Wards? There were Mono built Wards saws. McCulloch built them too. Not sure who else. A pic or two would help greatly....

Back