Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XL-15 gear drive. Been looking for years, thanks to Aaron and a good trade, I acquired this nice running saw. Bar provided by Modified Mark... and looks right at home...thanks guys!

Couple pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Made a very nice cut in a 36' white oak. Have always heard to stand to the side of a gear drive because it will sometimes walk out of the cut... well Mr. Randy Mac... this one is no exception. Several times as a matter of fact and seemed to do it more often at slower speeds and after I switched sides of the log. This saw pulled a 24" bar with new semi-chisel chain so hard, I could use both hands pulling up on the rear handle and it never even flinched, just kept going.

You're correct Ted lol that is a piece of allim man its heve lol need some one with a good back to help me get a larger piece something like 30 inches acros lol its a 36 inch bar now that would be fun

That's odd not having an auto oiler with the oil tank at the front like the Super XL AO. Maybe it was an intermediate step. Being blue I always think that's older than red but may be wrong there. It's nothing like my 76 which I really like. I have a xl12 and a Super XL Auto but haven't used them as much so haven't really formed an opinion on those yet.

I'm enjoying AS return.

Lee

I just tried out my Super XL-67 today. It cuts very nicely. Not the best day to try one out due to high winds. Makes it hard to see when chips and dust are flying into your face. I know you guys are likely going to laugh but I did my very first bore cut today with that saw. I figured I try it while I was running a hard tip bar. I am surprised how smooth it is considering the lack of anti vibe.

I'm still working on the same two Homelites that I've had for a couple of weeks, a 901 and a 103, with little success so far. I'm tinkering with the 103 right now since it has spark. Having difficulties getting it to pump fuel into the carburetor. I put a new kit in the cleaned carburetor and a new homemade fuel line on it. Guess I'll have to take it back apart and see what I did wrong. I'll need to check the pulse hole also.

I'm still working on the same two Homelites that I've had for a couple of weeks, a 901 and a 103, with little success so far. I'm tinkering with the 103 right now since it has spark. Having difficulties getting it to pump fuel into the carburetor. I put a new kit in the cleaned carburetor and a new homemade fuel line on it. Guess I'll have to take it back apart and see what I did wrong. I'll need to check the pulse hole also.

I had an XL113 that did that and found out the sintered brass dealy bob in the gas gap was plugged and wouldn't vent properly.

Back