Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been working on a little ez lately that I got from a member here. Does anyone know if there is a standard seal that fits for the crank seals and what the pn would be? I have kitted the carb and can get it to fire on prime but it will not run on its own. I am getting fuel to the metering chamber in the carb. I am pretty sure the clutch side seal is toast.

Been working on a little ez lately that I got from a member here. Does anyone know if there is a standard seal that fits for the crank seals and what the pn would be? I have kitted the carb and can get it to fire on prime but it will not run on its own. I am getting fuel to the metering chamber in the carb. I am pretty sure the clutch side seal is toast.

SKF 4913. Same seal both sides

Still a bit wet over that way?

At my place, not really. Sandy ground sucks the water down pretty fast. I'm all too familiar with the characteristics of clay--I don't miss it.

Got a 3100 somewhere.

Looking good Chris!

Thanks. Mark just had to tell me how awful my other 2100 Super looked so I tore it down and a 2100S.

Refreshed and repainted the Super, the 2100S had a few broken bits so off they went to Shaun's.

20170508_100606.jpg 20170427_200153.jpg

That's a beauty for sure!

I wish someone would start selling replacement handlebar rubber for saws. I was trying to find some rad hose that wasn't all wrinkled on the surface because of the fibres inside. It would complete the restorations. The high density foam with the rough surface used on so many Poulans is certainly evading me.
I can get the soft bike handlebar stuff but it's not too sturdy.

@cbfarmall

That's a beauty for sure!

I wish someone would start selling replacement handlebar rubber for saws. I was trying to find some rad hose that wasn't all wrinkled on the surface because of the fibres inside. It would complete the restorations. The high density foam with the rough surface used on so many Poulans is certainly evading me.
I can get the soft bike handlebar stuff but it's not too sturdy.

@cbfarmall
Have you looked at the Limbsaver" handlebar wrap? LeeValley sells it in two lengths. Also available elsewhere in an assortment of colours. I have it on a Mac 10-10 and a Remington PL5

OK, any joy with either of the old Pioneers?
Not yet. I haven't had much time to look at them. I think I can get at least one of them going again and if not use them for some parts for an 1160 I have that needs a tank and and crankcase. They look pretty similar. so that may work. The Super XL will likely feed some parts to a Christmas tree SXLAO I have. I may tackle the micro first as a friend gave me one he found in the dump with a scorched top end on it. I have not been able to remove the cylinder on that one so it's soaking.
I did get the Super EZ all back together and I have the XL-76 I had all apart when you were here ready for assembly. That should only take 45 min to an hour.

I need to go through the Poulan 336 brake assy which was put together wrong by anther owner I suppose. It works fine and trips well but takes too much effort for a plastic part to reset so I have to get into that one because I would like to have it ready to use.

I shall get to them in time and look forward to it.

Here's one for you guys:

If you have an older NOS Homelite cylinder with the "B" suffix meaning it was in the middle of tolerances in the A-B-C range, will it be safe to say you can probably get by with an aftermarket piston and not have excessive slop or overly tight tolerances?

Here's one for you guys:

If you have an older NOS Homelite cylinder with the "B" suffix meaning it was in the middle of tolerances in the A-B-C range, will it be safe to say you can probably get by with an aftermarket piston and not have excessive slop or overly tight tolerances?

If it wasn't an old cylinder with an iron or steel sleeve it should be as follows. No need to make over sized pistons for chrome plated bores.
See attached.

Homelite suffix No and etters explained.jpg

It is for an XL-103 if that helps. Having trouble getting the first P+C I purchased and have located P + C separately (although more expensive) elsewhere.

I've already confirmed I need the small pilot cylinder for my saw. The one I bought but haven't received is supposedly small pilot as is the one I've now located online. It's frustrating as I'm going to need to spend more to buy the second set separately and the saw has been sitting on the bench in pieces for a month.

35ef94da4e897ceb64f96620f69cf1bf.jpg

I think I offered you this. NOS, 1 16/16" pilot for early 101.

Got to watch the Homie part numbers. End in A, B, C etc..

Latest posts

Back