Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was going through a box of large bore Homelite pistons and found this. Any ideas what it fits? 2.250" dia.

ba054d0e40f86e285fe357e934f10b43.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Was going through a box of large bore Homelite pistons and found this. Any ideas what it fits? 2.250" dia.

ba054d0e40f86e285fe357e934f10b43.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I believe that is for some sort of compressor. There was one similar for sale on EBay a few years back and that what it was for.

The Super EZ I got recently has the really tiny tail bar but the later XL-1's I have came with D096 mount bars. XL-1's have the same bar pad and stud setup as the EZ.
Both type oil through the chain tension adjust holes.
I don't have an XL-12.

I have some early and late xl-12's. Some have 5/16" studs and others 3/8". The earlier XL-1's, Super Mini's and 76/130's in my mix all have the narrow profile bars (kind of like a 095). The later all have the large mount bars and utilize stud spacers. I want to think if the large mount bars were in surplus at the factory, they mounted them up regardless of stud size. You see the same thing on 3400-4000 series Poulans around here wearing the large mount UXL and spacers.

I think Terry industries put whatever worked on the saws up in Canada.

That little tiny bar on the Super EZ (from the US) Which looks to be original on the saw is too small. The drive links enter the bar quite a piece past the tail.

Looking for a little dry weather to try that out and the XL-1 with the LP chain on it as well. I might have been a little critical of these saws all the time not thinking how darn hard that dry white ash I have is. Make's the little guys shake badly.

Any ideas as to why a full wrap handle was made for the EZ but not the XL12?

I think Terry industries put whatever worked on the saws up in Canada.

That little tiny bar on the Super EZ (from the US) Which looks to be original on the saw is too small. The drive links enter the bar quite a piece past the tail.

Looking for a little dry weather to try that out and the XL-1 with the LP chain on it as well. I might have been a little critical of these saws all the time not thinking how darn hard that dry white ash I have is. Make's the little guys shake badly.

nice to cut some green after old dry ****

Latest posts

Back