Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine does that too dad turned the air to it it tough with that stupid Tillotson carb I'm having to rebuild the carb

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Carb has been cleaned & kit is new. (New kit matched old kit). Diaphragm is "hooked" under metering arm correctly. Fuel line is brand new, as is filter.

When I got it, the piston was scored, so I pressure tested and found a leak at the cylinder gasket. Replaced gasket (and maybe flywheel-side crank seal?), and piston. I know I pressure/vac tested it again and it was good, but I'm starting to doubt the clutch-side seal. I can't for the life of me get the clutch off, which makes me think I didn't get it off last time, either.

I think my plan of attack is to buy the clutch tool, replace that clutch-side seal. Might read up on bypassing that governor, too... I seem to remember someone writing about how to do that with a piece of aluminum or something...

Any other ideas? Thanks!

Well I'm heading to work if you want do some research on it and if it will work and I can help let me know

hi guys. just got a 26LCS from my scrapper buddy. not the best of shape.(in pieces). some parts have the white death but there is some good there just got it an hour ago and haven't looked at it to hard. looks like it would be a sweet saw but i have to many projects on the burner to pursue this now. PM or post here if you might need something.

iso xl76 clutch, p/n 68362, 1 shoe broke off. or any other that will fit. have drum & bearing.

anyone ever tried weldin one?

tia
One thing I don't have is a lot of info on the Canadian saws..................

What you have is called the "S" clutch. It was also used in early Super EZ's and Super minis's. (same part#) There's a used one on fleabay, or you could also get the optional 3 shoe clutch with the Super EZ's and Super minis's, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use one in your saw. See this parts list http://www.leonschainsawpartsandrep...r_xl_mini_automatic_chainsaw_ipl_24522-a_.pdf

hi guys. just got a 26LCS from my scrapper buddy. not the best of shape.(in pieces). some parts have the white death but there is some good there just got it an hour ago and haven't looked at it to hard. looks like it would be a sweet saw but i have to many projects on the burner to pursue this now. PM or post here if you might need something.
Any Pics?

Well I'm heading to work if you want do some research on it and if it will work and I can help let me know

have since heard the 102 3 shoe clutch is the better way to go. need to know what you need for it. it is my neighbors saw. will be up to him. I'm just tryin to help him.

I'm pretty sure I have an xl-76 clutch stashed away from a parts saw. I won't be able to get at it until next week tho. Its yours free of charge if I've got it and I can deliver.

nice offer right there. as said above is up to neighbor. either way, that would work, til replacing w/3 shoe. thx, m.

Back