Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After last saturday i have plenty of projects. Finaly found a 150 just as a shelf sitter. She is locked up and dirty but could be spair parts for $2 they just look so diffrent. Got a nice roper/craftsman 3.7 the starter wouldnt pull. Needed a finger on the flywheel to turn over first time.

Have several I would be glad to give you. Could bring them to the GTG......

Some how I will get past this with a little therapy:laugh:

Karma can be a real..........well we will see what happens at the next auction:msp_tongue:

I seen an auction near me that has something listed of interest with a rather light description of a saw I might have to go check out and if you should show up I can't be accountable for what might happen...just saying:msp_ohmy:

Shane if you see him at the auction, sneak over to him and slip a roofy into his coffee.:D

Picking up a sweet 707-G tomorrow has a 28" roller, good paint ...and the starter cover inplace:msp_biggrin: These always have a spot in the shop. I have a few:msp_biggrin:

Great score. The 707G was my first Homelite geardrive, and I also have a soft spot for this series. The ear splitting roar, slow chain speed, and massive torque make these a very capable saw from yesteryear.

I see you have three of them - that is awesome!

Regards,

Chris.

SXL Muffler Help Needed

A friend just gave me a Super XL with an Automatic Oiler. I fixed a few issues (marginal crankshaft threads on the clutch side) and it runs great now, but it blows the muffler innards (baffle plus two screws and spacers) out a few seconds after starting. Before I put in some bigger screws I thought I would check here to see if this is common and what others have done to fix this. Can't wait to cut some firewood with the old gal.

A friend just gave me a Super XL with an Automatic Oiler. I fixed a few issues (marginal crankshaft threads on the clutch side) and it runs great now, but it blows the muffler innards (baffle plus two screws and spacers) out a few seconds after starting. Before I put in some bigger screws I thought I would check here to see if this is common and what others have done to fix this. Can't wait to cut some firewood with the old gal.

Get one of the one piece aluminum "mufflers" from an earlier model - and invest in some good ear muffs.

Use #12-24tpi machine screws instead of #10-24tpi. Common mistake.

Get one of the one piece aluminum "mufflers" from an earlier model - and invest in some good ear muffs.

If it'll fit, and if you want it, I've got one of those aluminum stacks off a C-5. I'm not really a Homey expert yet, so the guys will have to chime in about fit.

Shoot me a PM if you want it, and I'll stick it in the mail, free. PS - I can vouch for LOUD as it's identical to the one on my running C-5.

If it'll fit, and if you want it, I've got one of those aluminum stacks off a C-5. I'm not really a Homey expert yet, so the guys will have to chime in about fit.

Shoot me a PM if you want it, and I'll stick it in the mail, free. PS - I can vouch for LOUD as it's identical to the one on my running C-5.

Steve that's generous of you to offer it to him.........but I don't think a C-Series stack muffler will fit an XL-12/SXL series saw.

I'm sure I have a good spare SXL crankshaft he can have for shipping. May or may not have a good muffler to spare.

Thanks to you all for the quick replies. When I get a moment I'm going to take the saw to my local hardware store to pick up what I need to get the original baffle and muffler cover firmly installed. I'll report back when the job is done.

Anyone have a super 2 they could be persuaded to part with? Im not above some work! My dads has been setting for 5 years near muriatic acid. Might be restoreable or might just be good for parts.

C-51

Recently (today) just picked up a C-51. I posted in the chainsaw forum and was told to come here for answers with the screwy bearing type starter system they got on this saw that rarely engages. So, what should I/can I do about it?

233586d1334438213-2012-04-14_15-31-33_311-jpg

Homy VI-955

My newest Homy saw, a Running VI-955 complete with Oregon 31" Roller nose .404 bar and brand new chain.

BEST PART!!!!! my 15 year old son found it at a swap meet for $40.00, (from original owner) He gave it to me and I handed him $55.00 in less than a second. (what $$$ I had on me)

So what size is this thing anyway? I hear 82cc and then 77cc. Whats the piston, rings and cylinder interchange, its not scored but looks to have some blow by, I'm a little worried about chrome missing above exhaust port where I can't see. It'll get rings at the min.

I've ran it for 20 min. after changing out fuel lines and filter, carb going to be kitted next, starting to leak some. Its a HS103B-16.

Thanks
Duane

233662d1334463838-0414121451-jpg

Nice score. 82cc. Shares parts with the SXL925. I'm more interested in the IHC tractor in the background however. Is that a 240 Industrial?

Yup, by the time that anti vibe cradle was around they were all 82cc's although a 77cc top end could still be bolted on if that was all you could find.

233662d1334463838-0414121451-jpg

Nice score. 82cc. Shares parts with the SXL925. I'm more interested in the IHC tractor in the background however. Is that a 240 Industrial?
damn Aaron. your hoods must be the nicest in town.;) never mind. tats not your rig.

Back