Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That info would be great. I have a 1965 xl auto that has 5/16 bar studs would like to find a original bar for it so I do not have to use the spacers. The oringinal bar is stamped Homelite 11612050. I have not been able to cross to any thing.

1a50feb032917c51998bc638837e9ede.jpg
Got the SEZ on the saw vise... Broken handle and stripped bolts....

Homelite made a bar application catalog 23650-B that has the old Homelite bar numbers. Can't find a pdf copy, except for a hardcopy on ebay($35).The original price of the 6 page document was $0.10 Has anyone heard of the catalog?

I can help you out, i have an original, it just needs to be scanned.
Give me a few days, busy time of year.
Merry Christmas
Justin

Yes Carl, it's cut for a bow bar ... but came with a 16" Homelite bar.

That one that Mo Jim has is a Super XL-15 ....
Where did you find that jewel, I would like to have a red one to keep my blue one from feeling lonely.

Where did you find that jewel, I would like to have a red one to keep my blue one from feeling lonely.

Hi Jim! Merry Christmas! How are you these days?

Long story short: I spotted it on the grand Rapids CL ... a very generous AS member went and grabbed it .... passed it off to another member (from CO) that was passing through .... he tossed it to me about a week ago ...

i just gave one of them to a young man from him to learn and try to made some side money. i didnt get a chance to look does that model have a wet clutch

Hi Jim! Merry Christmas! How are you these days?

Long story short: I spotted it on the grand Rapids CL ... a very generous AS member went and grabbed it .... passed it off to another member (from CO) that was passing through .... he tossed it to me about a week ago ...
Merry Christmas Ted, nice score, Struggle picked up a red one this summer. These saws have amazing torque for their size. Doing pretty good health wise for a old man, but in bad need of a attitude adjustment.

Hey y'all get this ol' Xl-98 off of ebay a couple weeks ago for $73 image.jpegimage.jpegI looked her over and lightly cleaned didn't see anything wrong with the fuel lines or carb so I put gas in the tank primed it and she was off although I haven't gotten the carb dialed in it has the governed carb:rare2: cylinder is a little ruff but it runs good other than the carb needing to be adjusted.

On the Homelite belt drives, 2100 series, and 650/750 saws, the bearing on one side of the crank has an external snap ring groove for a couple screw and washers that help hold it in the crankcase. Is it okay to use a bearing that doesn't have this groove?

On the Homelite belt drives, 2100 series, and 650/750 saws, the bearing on one side of the crank has an external snap ring groove for a couple screw and washers that help hold it in the crankcase. Is it okay to use a bearing that doesn't have this groove?
In short no.

The screws use a washer with ears that engage the snap ring groove. Controls any axial movement of the bearing.

In short no.

The screws use a washer with ears that engage the snap ring groove. Controls any axial movement of the bearing.
Okay, I haven't measure to check interference, but the bearing to crankcase is definitely an interference fit. It seems like it is the same scenario as more modern saws, which I haven't seen this setup. Not trying to say that the engineers didn't know what they were doing, but I know there has been a learning curve (650 with two needle roller bearing, belt drives with needle bearing on the FW side and ball bearing on pto side, for examples). In the end, I have crossed all of the bearings in all models of big homelites to modern part numbers- except one- the 750 pto bearing. That Torrington DD series bearing is unique it seems

Latest posts

Back