Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 944 came home w/me today. lil cheaper than askin. pics soon. needed fuel line, may need kit. in nice shape from original owners family [son], runs on squirt... not pullin fuel.
Nice Pete. I looked up the listing after you mentioned it. It looked clean and complete from the pics. Listing was down tonight. Was hoping it went for a ride.

Never seen a 9xx VI around here, or ever, for that matter. Do post.

Nice saw Pete, I saw that one too, but passed on it as I already have a 924 which is essentially the same saw, but no anti-vibe. I'm glad you picked it up.

The weather here was finally good enough for me to get some saws out for photographs. This is a 7-21, with some borrowed parts from a 4-20, but its missing the tag unfortunately. 28" bar and 1/2" chain are also in really good shape.

20170304_131854.jpg

20170304_131958.jpg

This is the whole collection (minus one NU-17 that's on display in the living room)
20170304_151603.jpg

Nice one.

I am pretty certain I have an extra spike in my parts bin. It's yours.

thx, Cory. they are available below, if it turns out if it turns out you don't. don't mind the mac one on it, but was wantin 2 on my 797...

rocketnorton
I have new spikes for the VI- 944-to 925.
chainsawkady

My XL-103 is on deck to get on the bench next.

Just wondering if anyone knows the interchangeability between cylinders in the XL 100, 101, 102, 103 family? I believe there are at least two different cylinders for these?

Secondly if you have a matching P+C can it be bolted up regardless or are the cranks different?

My XL-103 is on deck to get on the bench next.

Just wondering if anyone knows the interchangeability between cylinders in the XL 100, 101, 102, 103 family? I believe there are at least two different cylinders for these?

Secondly if you have a matching P+C can it be bolted up regardless or are the cranks different?
Did you mean the XL 101 - XL104 family? The XL100 is a circular saw.
The 101 is a bare bones basic saw, the 104 has all the extras. The other 2 are in between.
101 is 54cc the rest are 58cc.

See IPL's here. See notes at end!!!!!
http://www.leonschainsawpartsandrep..._xl-104_chainsaw_ipl_24106-a_revision_1_2.pdf

Latest posts

Back