Homemade lanyard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much do you charge to make one but with the triple fishing knot on each end ?

I made this one, and I dont like the prusik as a adjuster knot. Gonna either use a mechanical adjuster or just get rid of it. I got around $100 into this one with materials.

attachment.php

Thank you, I understand now. What is on the end of the lanyard? Just a stopper knot? The end with the VT is always attached and the other end is removed to redirect?

I always climb with my climbing line(monkey line) attached so if I need to unhook my lanyard I use my climbing line to secure my self when I have to unhook my lanyard

I made this one, and I dont like the prusik as a adjuster knot. Gonna either use a mechanical adjuster or just get rid of it. I got around $100 into this one with materials.

attachment.php

2Tree, you doing your own spliceing on those? I have a lot of ideas for rigging gear I would like to make but not the knowlege to do the splicing. A valuable skill

Not too sure about your termination knots on your snaps...

Triple fisherman's knot is the only knot I will use on termination for life support anymore.

I believe those are bunt-line hitches; they should be very secure. Realistically, this knot is nothing more than a clove hitch noose. It is certainly nothing to worry about. An anchor hitch would be a bit better, but either is considered safe. Both knots do not tail as nicely as the scaffold (fisherman's) hitch.

I generally prefer the scaffold knot too, but not on a snap. You'll never get one of those knots untied after it has been set for a while.

Latest posts

Back