Hope I have a big enough saw....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my idea:

084 for the undercut & felling & bucking after you use the husky for everything else (limbing - the bigger limbs too and have your helper start with the little stihl from the ends.

as far as anything in the ground - dont worry - nothing will stick in the ground - the underbranches will break as soon as they hit the ground...

JMHO

There is a good part of a winters firewood in that pair of hackberry trees. Hackberry is pretty good firewood. Burn a lot of it around here. Dries pretty fast, makes good heat, and makes a nice sweet smell.

I agree, thats a lot of wood there. Hackberry is decent firewood, splits easy, sometimes to easy as I found out!! REJ2

I simply would stay away from those trees! ;)

We know, troll, we know.

Hey ya'll just go ahead and say it, you'll will fell better if you do just say I'm scared we won't laugh I promise :):greenchainsaw::).

Outdoor if you need some help me and LP can ride up. Me and my 029 super will eat that biggun for breakfast. Lp can play with that little one with his 394xp. He has to out power me to get anything done. Oh well just yanking your chain. It does look like a fun day in the field, one good thing you ain't got to wade around in head high briars to get at um.
Have fun.

Rep to ya for that! I'd be packing a Super on that job too. Most of those limbs are what she's perfect at.

I'd be felling it with a yellow one. Then switch to something with AV and a brake for the cleanup.

Talked to Ernie today and he said that he ended up just having a tree service remove them...Said they pulled the old "what if" game and he got scared...

The worst part is it all got pushed into a pile and burned...Not a single stick of firewood to be had from either tree...:(

Talked to Ernie today and he said that he ended up just having a tree service remove them...Said they pulled the old "what if" game and he got scared...

The worst part is it all got pushed into a pile and burned...Not a single stick of firewood to be had from either tree...:(

Dang Sean, that blows!

I was lookin forward to that one.

That's a crying shame. Happens all the time around here. Everybody is so scared of the damn trial layers. Lower form of life.....:chainsawguy:

I had that happen a few weeks ago. Past a tree company buzzing down 4-5 Oaks and stopped to ask the owner what he was going to do with the wood. I told him I would take it if he was going to get rid of it. Drove by this weekend and every piece was in a burn pile burning away. I stopped and told him that I was interested in it and he told me he forgot and burned it. Oh well you win some and you loose some.

Naw, you can see that they've been pruned plenty of times to keep 'em clear of the road, so the limb weight already wants to put 'em in the field. The power lines are not as scary as they could be (says the guy who dropped a tree on a power line not too long ago).

I know what you mean about the powerline's been their a time or two.

Mike

I would have been all over those trees if they had been closer. Would have made for a fun challenge - two operators, a Dolmar 7900/28", a 5100/18", a bottle jack, a sledge, some wedges, and a log splitter. How quickly could they be dropped, blocked, and rendered into firewood?

Latest posts

Back