Hurricaine ready

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im actually stuck in Jamaica on my honeymoon trying to get home to western MA. Hoping my house is not under a tree :-/... Should be getting on a flight home tomorrow afternoon! Hope everyone stays safe!

I had not even thought about the fact that my 29' camper is parked in the woods of upstate NY. Really hoping there is not a tree on top if it!! Got to imagine a camper would be very hard to repair if hit by a tree branch :mad:

We got very, very lucky with this storm. I only see one tree down in the vicinity of my wooded 4 acres and it didn't hurt anything. The storm sort of circled around us and stayed far enough away to keep winds down to 40-60 mph.
I'm hoping the rest of you escape with minimal damage.

16 deaths had been reported in the US the last time I looked....:msp_sad:

In addition 1 have died in Canada (!), and the total, including Caribia, is 85.

Last edited:
Eastern Shore Maryland checking in. 10.8" rain: Downed trees everywhere, roads washed out. Been cutting since 6am just to get to next farm. Power on/off/on/off. Generator pulling its load. Only 30 mph wind gust and light rain. Cheasapeake Bay Bridge Stihl closed.

Best of Luck To All :msp_thumbup:

ready for sandy...

i had teh generator gased up and serviced, two sump pumps, 6 cords of wood stacked,,, pantry is full...
i usually lose power in any storm, but this time, no power loss at all,,, we were lucky, i guess....
hope the rest of you made it thru ok, also,,,,,,

Just checking in... No real issue apart from no power here for me. Plenty of trees down from what I'm hearing from friends. Saws are gassed and ready if I can get to their places. Gennie is purring along happily keeping the beer cold, and everything else charged.

Central pa got nothing they were forcasted to. My cousin is in north east md and he says he think they dodged it too.

In western md got enough rain to wipe out my quarter mile gravel driveway b4 it turned to snow. Now I have to wait for the snow to melt to fix it. Could me worse tho. Off 2day and just sittin in the house watching it snow. Driveway can be fixed later this week when the snow melts.

they just said on the today show that the big fire in NY burnt between 80 to 100 homes

Firemen responded to Sandy's wind damaged house in PA to discover a black burglar whom they held for police. Y'all keep your guard up.

Gee. Would a white burglar have been more welcome? :msp_glare:

Is that suppose to be more politicaly correct.

That sounds like the local news stations.

We would not want to offend anybody would we.

Is black a dirty word or taboo, what if it said, a man with long hair.

It is just a description you know.

Sandy

I finally got power and cable back this afternoon.We had 50MPG winds,gusts to 90,but only lost one tree ,the pool and a large chunk of a 2 day old roof!The area around us is a war zone,trees down,no power,no stop lights and few stores open.The most damage I have seen ,since hurricane Gloria, in Sept 1985.Tomorrow I will start looking for storm related work,straightened out my property today,tomorrow I will try to make a fair buck.
RR

Back