Hurricaine ready

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I moved back to TN. I would have been in that 2' range if I was still in WV.

Reps sent to whom I could that is in the vicinity of Sandy's wrath.
knockbill
Toolslinger
Wagnerwerks
dboyde351

I posted this in my other thread but I think it belongs in the Sandy thread instead:

Hey guys. I wanted to stop in real quick to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. It worked. We're all safe. But my whole neighborhood is fuct. Every power line in the town is shredded. Most of the county is dark and will remain so for a while. Five neighbors lost their homes to white oaks. Lotta 100 year old trees dropped. I been cuttin blow-downs all day. Burned 3 gallons in the 064 with the 32" buried for most of my cuts. Im without all utilities but my wood stove and propane grill. Have wife and kids staying with a neighbor during the day with his generator. Everyone comes to my stove at night. Getting cold, in the 40's at night. Can't see getting back on the job this week. Too much to clean up. Tree companies are over-run by municipalities so I'm safely cutting everything I can so firetrucks can access the neighborhood with the power company. Have pics but i'm still operating on cell phone. Can't post more till I get power. I have family with coastal homes that were wiped off the map. I may be moving them in with me. Too soon to tell. Will update as often as I can. Thx for the support guys. Sandy = whore

z71Mike: thanks for the post. Wish I could be there to help you. You're doing a great service. Take care of yourself for you family's sake.:rock:

Wishing all of u affected by this huge storm the best. Stay safe. Want to head out there and help in the worst way.

I posted this in my other thread but I think it belongs in the Sandy thread instead:

Hey guys. I wanted to stop in real quick to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. It worked. We're all safe. But my whole neighborhood is fuct. Every power line in the town is shredded. Most of the county is dark and will remain so for a while. Five neighbors lost their homes to white oaks. Lotta 100 year old trees dropped. I been cuttin blow-downs all day. Burned 3 gallons in the 064 with the 32" buried for most of my cuts. Im without all utilities but my wood stove and propane grill. Have wife and kids staying with a neighbor during the day with his generator. Everyone comes to my stove at night. Getting cold, in the 40's at night. Can't see getting back on the job this week. Too much to clean up. Tree companies are over-run by municipalities so I'm safely cutting everything I can so firetrucks can access the neighborhood with the power company. Have pics but i'm still operating on cell phone. Can't post more till I get power. I have family with coastal homes that were wiped off the map. I may be moving them in with me. Too soon to tell. Will update as often as I can. Thx for the support guys. Sandy = whore

You sound like a man with his hands full.

Be careful when out there cutting, look out for those down power lines.

Folks house north of NYC...nothing too bad, they were quite lucky really. 3 smaller trees in the back are down and a few bigger limbs from very large oaks...nothing hit the house and they still have power despite 80% of town being out...

biK1dl.jpg

neighbor lost several large trees

uffmwl.jpg

limb tangled in japanese maple

Q10bxl.jpg

yards a mess

N4UqMl.jpg

Overall very lucky though.

If anyone needs a hand in NY/NJ/CT let me know if I can make it out I will...cant go to work for the time being anyhow w the state of transit system

Mike, I'm glad you and yours are all safe. Good on you with the cleanup efforts. Wish I was closer to help. Be careful, as I'm sure you know there are more injuries during the cleanup than during the storm. Hope you get power soon!!!

Phew, take care man!

Stay safe out there. I hope you get get some relief soon.

We got it pretty hard. We are to be a week without power still. I will try to get some more pics when I get a chance.

To the left of my driveway:

ToLeftofDriveway.jpg

To the right of my driveway (landed in my front yard):

ToRightofDriveway.jpg

My neighbor across the street (lost his deck, but luckily no house damage):

NeighborsDeck.jpg

A member of the road crew was hurt when removing the trees in front of my house. Let's hope he gets better. I was 25' from him when it happened, he took a good shot to the stomach by a tree.

Leeinjured.jpg

(photo from Pottstown Mercury)

Stay safe out there. I hope you get get some relief soon.

We out on the west coast are thinkin of you guys out in the huge mess left to clean up, like its been said before be safe , work slow and try not to let all the emotion going on around you sacrifice safety, work calm and methodology . best of luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back