Husky 340, 445, or Stihl 250?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHscoutII

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Im looking for a 40 to 50 cc saw, I want it to be light enough to carry on a dirtbike but be good enough to cut a little bit of fire wood. I wouldn't be cutting any big stuff, I would use my Homelite 550 for that when I get it running. I was looking at either a Husky 340, 445, or a Stihl 250. Out of those choices, what would be your pick? Or does anyone have a suggestion for a saw. My budget would be $300, maybe a little more.

Im looking for a 40 to 50 cc saw, I want it to be light enough to carry on a dirtbike but be good enough to cut a little bit of fire wood. I wouldn't be cutting any big stuff, I would use my Homelite 550 for that when I get it running. I was looking at either a Husky 340, 445, or a Stihl 250. Out of those choices, what would be your pick? Or does anyone have a suggestion for a saw. My budget would be $300, maybe a little more.

I vote for the MS250.

Welcome to AS :cheers:

My vote is for the Dolmar 460 which is not listed but I believe it is a better saw than the ones posted.

The 250 is more powerfull than the two others while being lighter, and mine cuts well, so of those mentioned I would pick that one.

But the best saw in that class is probably the Husqvarna 350, and if your budget includes the 250 I think you have enough to get the 350 instead. It is however not quite as light as the 250 even if the differences are nearly neglectable.

I agree with Maccall on the Husky 350 - it weights a tad more than the MS250, but is a more capable and nicer to use saw.

Avoid the 400 series if you can, less power and more weight than the 300 series, and a new EPA-driven design.

Are you kidding me? Nobody so far has tried to talk this guy out of what he really wants. Okay I'll do it. What you really need buddie is a 361. You wouldn't believe...

Back