Husky suggestion...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an observation....

I had real bad luck with Stihl. My Pro026 and leaf blower that I got at the same time where DUDS in the ease of starting arena. Within a week of signing onto this site, I have already got the addiction. I wanted(and needed) a bigger saw. I was really set on the Husky 359. BUT, now I understand that they are being phased out or discontinued. UGH. I looked into the Husky 372XP, but that saw really strains my budget. I hear all the praise and Man Love that this site exudes about the Stihl 361. I hate to risk more $$$ on Stihl, considering my bad experience with two pieces of equipment. But, I have to admit, the Husky's and Jonsey's that I have looked at.....seemed "cheap". They looked like bulky plastic boxes with bars and chain attached to them!. The Stihls look like well built tools. I am not cheap. I try to buy the best that my wallet can afford, then some. I did that with my original Stihl purchase and got burned.

So...whats a guy supposed to do?

The Husky 359/Jonsey 3159 seems destined for the Disco Saw Rack in the Sky.

So, I guess that my original $500 price max must be re-thought. A 372XP puts me at $780 locally=OUCH.

Please share your wisdom, help and advice.....I need it!

:givebeer:

Hmmm, I believe you told me it didn't.......:greenchainsaw:

I double checked as there were three in from the same delivery being worked on at the same time two did not have the cat.....and that one did.

Moot point now as it is sold

It wasn't a good day today.....it took me 3 hours of arguing to donate my time to fix a needle seat in a 575......

I will be staying out of that shop for a while because there is too much static

Last edited:
I had real bad luck with Stihl. My Pro026 and leaf blower that I got at the same time where DUDS in the ease of starting arena. Within a week of signing onto this site, I have already got the addiction. I wanted(and needed) a bigger saw. I was really set on the Husky 359. BUT, now I understand that they are being phased out or discontinued. UGH. I looked into the Husky 372XP, but that saw really strains my budget. I hear all the praise and Man Love that this site exudes about the Stihl 361. I hate to risk more $$$ on Stihl, considering my bad experience with two pieces of equipment. But, I have to admit, the Husky's and Jonsey's that I have looked at.....seemed "cheap". They looked like bulky plastic boxes with bars and chain attached to them!. The Stihls look like well built tools. I am not cheap. I try to buy the best that my wallet can afford, then some. I did that with my original Stihl purchase and got burned.

So...whats a guy supposed to do?

The Husky 359/Jonsey 3159 seems destined for the Disco Saw Rack in the Sky.

So, I guess that my original $500 price max must be re-thought. A 372XP puts me at $780 locally=OUCH.

Please share your wisdom, help and advice.....I need it!

:givebeer:

The Husky 359/JRed 2159 are great saws for their intended purposes. I have never ran one, but they seem to be very reliable. Trust me, they are not cheaply built. My saws take a bashing and have always held up.

As far as the 359 goes....

They are now available at Tractor Supply Company.......perhaps a TSC exclusive?

I wonder.......if so....way to go Husky

They are now available at Tractor Supply Company.......perhaps a TSC exclusive?

I wonder.......if so....way to go Husky

I hope this is incorrect! I hate big box stores and the disease they have caused on the quality of the products they wh*re out. I always try to buy local, Ma and Pa, whenever possible. So far....it has paid off.

UGH! Now what saw?

I hope this is incorrect! I hate big box stores and the disease they have caused on the quality of the products they wh*re out. I always try to buy local, Ma and Pa, whenever possible. So far....it has paid off.

UGH! Now what saw?

Not a TSC exclusive. Shop I was at today had 3 359's.

But maybe no more after those three...who knows.....I don't care

Just curious plant....does this dealer have all the husky product on the floor?

Zero turn mowers......trimmers....snowblowers.......etc?

No, not everything. I seen 1 lawn/garden tractor, 1 rototiller, 2(?) generators and maybe 15-20 saws. Not the whole set up but it is a small town so i would expect them to carry much inventory.

Ask around the site

Calling all people who tried to sign up with Husqvarna and chime in with what they "required" you to floor plan in order to take on the Husqvarna name

UGH! Now what saw?

It looks like you passed on a good saw already, don't be hesitant to purchase a used saw, especially from someone posting on this site regularly. I have purchased several used saws over the years & have done so with great success: If you are an educated shopper, you will save upwards of 50% of the new purchase price. I have found that many people by saws that are either too big or too small for the intended purpose & you can pick them up for far less than a new one. I didn't see any 372xp's or 357xp's for sale on this site anymore, but if you check e-bay & stay with reputable sellers or equipment dealers you should be fine. Just saw a few good looking deals sell for under $450 on e-bay over the past week. BTW, if you are set on a 359, both TSC and Lowes (special order) sell them, but just like buying used you'll have to go elsewhere for service & support (except for a straight return of course). I wouldn't hesitate on the used route, it looks like you're trying to stay within a budget; you will get a whole lot more saw for less money on the used market. You may even try posting a "Wanted To Buy" ad here on this site if you haven't done so.

When I gave up and walked

What would have to carry? I am talking overhead (dollars) invested in non saw related items.

I am not trying to start a fight here, just curious.

I had to negotiate DOWN to 3 tractors.....3 snowblowers......one of each of all the saws.....a zero turn......one of each of all the blowers and trimmers......one clearing saw......2 rototillers........and the Signage and display items which I had to buy myself........and my end column pricing was higher than what the West Coast online dealrs were selling the saws for

I would be a Husqvarna dealer right now......

Most of our local stihl dealers around here switched to stihl because of the required floor stocking rules set by Husqvarna, they sure lost a lot of business to stihl when this happened, great marketing strategy huh?

I had to negotiate DOWN to 3 tractors.....3 snowblowers......one of each of all the saws.....a zero turn......one of each of all the blowers and trimmers......one clearing saw......2 rototillers........and the Signage and display items which I had to buy myself........and my end column pricing was higher than what the West Coast online dealrs were selling the saws for

They had no signage, or display items, no trimmers or clearing saws, no zero turns, definitely not every model of saw. Although they could have sold this in the past month or month and a half, I doubt it this time of year. Maine and Vermont have the same reps? Send me a PM if you want the dealer to ask them more about it. They carry stihl/husky/jonsered/echo and they are by no means a large shop.

Most of our local stihl dealers around here switched to stihl because of the required floor stocking rules set by Husqvarna, they sure lost a lot of business to stihl when this happened, great marketing strategy huh?

Stihl is following the same model now......they added a lower tier to the dealer admin so if you want to be a small dealer you pretty much pay full retail after shipping

Good luck to you big guys......... your names are Gods now and you forget the people who helped your names get there

Back