Husqvarna 385xp v.s. Husqvarna 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This questions seem like it comes up all the time. When I searched through here there are quite a few threads asking about the same thing. I also was wondering the same thing as the price is a little more for the 390. It seems like most would suggest the 390 over the 385. About the same weight with more power.

I know that at some point if I buy a new Husky it will be the 390.

Good luck with your choice,

Adam

I haven't run a 390, but I don't think they are a fair comparison. 390 will be WAY smoother (it's extra smooth, the 660 is extra unsmooth), but the 660 will have WAY more power than the 390 stock. A better comparison is the 660 to the 395 (which is WAY heavier).

My dealer doesn't sell a 395xp so that's my best buying comparison.

Then IMO if the vibration level of the 660 doesn't bother you (it does me) the 660 is more saw than a 390 (stock) if you need that extra power. The 390 will pull a 28 inch bar nicely. The 660 would have the edge on longer bars.

I hear and believe the 390 is very nice to run, though.

Last edited:
I think if you wanted one at my dealer it would have to be special order,
395xp's aren't very popular around my area and up around Deposit,NY.

Thanks, just curious. To answer your original question I believe you would like a 385xp or a 390xp. The 385xp is one of my favorite saws. It pulls a 24" bar with authority in 2ft dia Oak or Hickory and is smooth doing it.

I haven't ran a 390xp but from what I read on here they are even smoother and alittle more powerful than a 385xp, which tells me they must really be a sweet running saw.

I have both and the 390 is a stronger saw then the 385. The 390 is ultra smooth also. They also both take mods very well.

They are both good saws i have both. The last time i bought a new husky i went with the 385. I run 24'' most of the time and they have no problem pulling it in hard wood.

Last edited:
Back