Husqvarna 385xp v.s. Husqvarna 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I didn't hate the extra volume, I believe I would try a woods modded 390. Smooth as anything out there, and great performance. Not a cheap solution, though.

But since I don't want the extra volume both because my head doesn't like it and I cut mostly urban, that isn't a path I've gone.

But my 7900 with square pulls a 28 fine and those are my most used saws-love em.

Last edited:
Ive ran "Bookers" modded 390 nice saw. Didn't convince me I needed to replace myDP 066 but convinced me I would like to add a 390 to my arsenal. For the 100 bucks youll never be sorry to have more power for same weight.

Ive ran "Bookers" modded 390 nice saw. Didn't convince me I needed to replace myDP 066 but convinced me I would like to add a 390 to my arsenal.

Snap :cheers:

That 390 is a really nice saw.

Group buy??? No stop that.... just got charged $9 fuel surcharge shipping a chainsaw bar!!!

Yes Dean at WPS does like the 390xp, he told me its the best saw if you plan to modify. In fact I plan to buy one off him in the near future.

For the numbers mentioned $930 you should be able to buy a new 395, my 660 was $950 sporting a 36 from Cantelmi Ace hardware here in Northeastern
Pennsylvania. Look them up they are on Sullivan trail in Easton PA ask for Mike he is the store manager, pretty sure he will give you the same deal. My understanding of the 385 as I have read in the posts are pto side bearing failures, I have heard of none with the 395's. Both the 660 and 395's are well made.:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back