Huztl MS 440 Initial Impressions, and Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we are in agreement that many of the complete knockoff saws are pretty low quality
I bought some myself in the past to verify this, they were unusable as received.
I do believe that. Farmertec said it was too troublesome for them with the regulations too. If I were a guy with a chainsaw business no way would I sell them. What if...Would keep me awake and night.

I built to 066 with 56mm C/P decomps ones running a 36" & the other 28" dual Porter mufflers. Ran them hard for over 2 years without even a hick up... Bang for buck makes a otherwise cost prohibited build very much obtainable. Good luck and safe cutting!

If anyone is wondering, i purchased a huztl cylinder and piston off their ebay store and it just arrived yesterday, so expect 15 days to get here from china.

If anyone is wondering, i purchased a huztl cylinder and piston off their ebay store and it just arrived yesterday, so expect 15 days to get here from china.
They had some sort of note on some ebay items I watched over the weekend that stated they would be away and not shipping so maybe they had one of those national holiday shindigs recently. I also seem to remember that they quote 1-2 wks shipping to the USA in their listings. Sounds like you got the full 2 wks plus the holiday.

Their website (www.huztl.net) says they are celebrating Chinese New Year from Jan 20 - February 6.

They had some sort of note on some ebay items I watched over the weekend that stated they would be away and not shipping so maybe they had one of those national holiday shindigs recently. I also seem to remember that they quote 1-2 wks shipping to the USA in their listings. Sounds like you got the full 2 wks plus the holiday.

Would someone be interested in snapping a few pictures of the throttle rod/choke lever set up? I have an 044 that has the same set up as these but there is nothing allowing the saw to go to fast idle. Goes straight from full choke to normal idle. No in between for it to catch on for you to the blip the throttle to normal idle. The 044 and ms440 IPL show nothing missing but I assume something is not in correctly on this saw that I have acquired. Thanks as always. -Adam

Would someone be interested in snapping a few pictures of the throttle rod/choke lever set up? I have an 044 that has the same set up as these but there is nothing allowing the saw to go to fast idle. Goes straight from full choke to normal idle. No in between for it to catch on for you to the blip the throttle to normal idle. The 044 and ms440 IPL show nothing missing but I assume something is not in correctly on this saw that I have acquired. Thanks as always. -Adam
My 660 is very easy to click right past fast idle. I anchor a finger or thumb against the cover on top of the lever then give it a little up pressure. Here area few pics and a video I found online. Next time I have a chance, I'll try to get some better pics of my 660 for you.
maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_0456_zpsbe702370.jpg

My 660 is very easy to click right past fast idle. I anchor a finger or thumb against the cover on top of the lever then give it a little up pressure. Here area few pics and a video I found online. Next time I have a chance, I'll try to get some better pics of my 660 for you.

This saw definitely is very very easy to skip past fast idle then..

That is detailed in this thread and the Ms440 thread. It even show you pictures. I suggest you back up a few pages and have a look. It will solve your problem. The MS440 is one of those times a OEM part is needed. Often you just need to modify like the MS660 throttle.

That is detailed in this thread and the Ms440 thread. It even show you pictures. I suggest you back up a few pages and have a look. It will solve your problem. The MS440 is one of those times a OEM part is needed. Often you just need to modify like the MS660 throttle.
This is a bog standard OEM 044. It has zero aftermarket parts on it. I was just guessing that the ms440 setup is similar to the 044. Seems a spring may have collapsed or fallen out somehow from inside the kill switch on the right hand side of the carb.

upload_2017-3-6_15-30-59.png

Sounds like this arm is broken. I have one I need to work on after lunch that has snapped off.
a746c4e878a35f4c60bd87e67fb24daa.jpg

Yep, just pulled the handle apart. The actual trigger is worn stopping it from catching on the lever you highlighted. Thanks people!

Good deal. Just drive the pin out and replace the trigger. Here's the arm broken on this one
1b0cbb554edcd23057bdc8d6f82141f6.jpg

Got to getting a more accurate measurement for my squish. With no base I am at .067. Off to the machine shop on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. I don't want to end up with Freeport. I was starting to wonder also. I guess before I take the cylinder back off I will take a sharpie and mark the bottom of ports on the piston. Yeah?

So I had enough room on the skirt to lower the jug .065. It's at the machine shop today. If I calculated right I should be right at .020 with using the base gasket.

Latest posts

Back