Huztl MS 440 Initial Impressions, and Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bleed ports in the Farmertec decomp valve are way too large and there are two of them. Makes it hard to start.
30ddea10506171742453b46a69922bc1.jpg

Sized for a MS880?

I would not use the aftermarket valve on a bet.
606717beaf7f7f5f0ee7c61f979e2562.jpg
What were they thinking when they reverse engineered this???????? I know that there is a language barrier but going from a pinhole vent to two BB sized vents requires no language to get right. LOL

regarding the knock off chainsaw. Farmertec stated out doing business as farmertec in 2006. When they decided to do retail, they needed to keep things neutral and not compete with wholesale customers so they only sell as the name Huztl on ebay and on www.huztl.net. That means when you see someone advertising farmertec it is one of their customers. That ad says neither

there are many other people and companies that do business and make knockoff chainsaws, that's not one of theirs. Farmertec actually buys a saw disassembles it and sends it to a mold factory. one mold like for the MS660 fuel handle can cost close to $20,000 to duplicate because it has so many parts. Other people doing that are not so interested in getting it right and the parts are not close to durable.

Hope that helps you.
not trying to be an argumentative prick but there are some opinions in that post that seem to me to be presented as fact :)
Carry on good fellows

I have a friend buying my ms 440, from me!, looks like i will be building up another one, Time for some port work, timing advance and cylinder decking;)

not trying to be an argumentative prick but there are some opinions in that post that seem to me to be presented as fact :)
Carry on good fellows
That post was made a bit ago after they gave me the information. Not sure of your source of information my good fella but the source I used was a letter from farmertec to me.

That post was made a bit ago after they gave me the information. Not sure of your source of information my good fella but the source I used was a letter from farmertec to me.
Yep, all I saw was "Made in China". My next youngest brother is a USA based design and manufacturing engineer for a multinational welding supply company that has numerous manufacturing operations in China. He stated a decade ago that one simple plastic part's development cost is quite expensive even when developed in China due to initial and revised mold manufacturing costs. Once a final mold is approved, manufacturing is very inexpensive there if you take out the liquor and food expenses with the Chinese businessmen. He swears they must get kickbacks and easily run an evening of drinks and food up to $500 - $1,000 when he's paying.

Other people doing that are not so interested in getting it right and the parts are not close to durable.

This was mostly what I was referring to, in my experience several other companies make parts that are of better fitment and quality, painting any aftermarket company with broad strokes is dangerous territory :)
Dave

I'm worried about our buddy I haven't heard from him since the 17th. I know someone near by that could check on him

What happens now? Will trump let you import Chinese stuff?
Get it now...as later will be + 20% to 40% import tarrif. Personally I see no reason to tariff any product line that is non competitive with USA manufacturers and it is unlikely that Joe Blow CEO will set up AM chainsaw part manufacturing in the USA. If it does happen...tariff at that time. That type of non compete tariff is just another tax on the working class.

Can we please keep this thread on topic and away from the political crap? I come here to escape what everyone else is telling me to think about our government and our leaders.

As for me, I replaced my Huztl/Farmertech piston circlips with Stihl circlips today. Don't know if the kit circlips were good or bad, but they SEEMED low-quality to me, so now I feel better. Plus, it was a garage project that was fun!

Can we please keep this thread on topic and away from the political crap? I come here to escape what everyone else is telling me to think about our government and our leaders.

As for me, I replaced my Huztl/Farmertech piston circlips with Stihl circlips today. Don't know if the kit circlips were good or bad, but they SEEMED low-quality to me, so now I feel better. Plus, it was a garage project that was fun!
Agreed...so you'll be changing your signature line's political nature, which I happen to agree with, in order to provide the same courtesy to others.

This was mostly what I was referring to, in my experience several other companies make parts that are of better fitment and quality, painting any aftermarket company with broad strokes is dangerous territory :)
Dave
Cz i must say you got that twisted outta shape quick, i was talking about complete knockoff saws. i would not buy a complete chinese saw and if you are advocating for it go ahead just don't pick at me like you are doing. I enjoy talking about the kits, building, problems, solutions. do you want to talk about that? great, otherwise... :)

Latest posts

Back